07' Gs350 Vs 08' Gs350

Anyone know what kind changes there are going to be? Is it worth it to wait for the 08 or make a good deal on a remaining 07?

Thanks!

i dont really think there are any major changes in 08 only differents is there are more colors to choose

They made some tweaks to the styling and the interior trim. The 08 has a new front bumper, grille, & light surround as well as a new rear bumper and new side skirts along with wheels. On the interior the steering wheel is new and much improved and the nav display is the new high res screen found in the other Lexus vehicles.

• 1 month later...

My salesperson emailed me and said that the '08 GS now come with an AUX port where you can plug in your iPod or similar device. And yes, it's listed as a standard feature in the detailed specifications: "Auxiliary Port Auxiliary iPod® [21]/MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) port." Does anyone know if you can control the iPod from the car's controls? That change may be enough for me to look at the car again...

My salesperson emailed me and said that the '08 GS now come with an AUX port where you can plug in your iPod or similar device. And yes, it's listed as a standard feature in the detailed specifications: "Auxiliary Port Auxiliary iPod® [21]/MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) port." Does anyone know if you can control the iPod from the car's controls? That change may be enough for me to look at the car again...

Ipod controller that allows you to control from nav screen is a $500 option but my salesman threw it in for free along with window tinting (08 GS 350).

I bought the 08 GS350 three weeks ago at park place lexus in Plano, TX. When I asked them about iPod controller he told me that the dealer does not do that. I would love to have the iPod so it can be controd via the Navi. I love the car only thing I noticed different between the 07 & 08 is the side mirror. I am not very familiar with the 07 version.

post-59026-1197689087_thumb.jpg

Ipod controller that allows you to control from nav screen is a $500 option but my salesman threw it in for free along with window tinting (08 GS 350).

I just took a test drive of the 08 GS 350. The salesman said that the 08 model has an AUX port so you can connect your iPod or similar device. However, you cannot control your iPod from the car's controls, with or without navigation. He did not know of any $500 option that would allow for control from the navigation screen. Also, there is no hard drive option for the GS cars; the LS cars now come with a hard drive.

The owners manual specifically states that the only thing you can control from the car is the iPod's volume. It states that all other functions must be performed at the iPod. I have not seen any $500 option to control the iPod from the nav screen. It's certainly not a Lexus option. It might possibly be some kind of dealer aftermarket item.

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT be fooled by the $500 ipod kit. This is nothing more than a Vaistech ipod integration kit that lexus buys from Vaistech, and charges you a premium to install on your car. i bought it and installed it on my own and it only took about 15 minutes. it will end up costing you about $350. and thats for the one that shows VIDEOS off your video ipod. life is good.

• 1 month later...