Is300 Turbo

HONDACIVIC01

• 2 weeks later...
What turbo are they using? and how many lbs of boost?

hi

ya i purchased the one you have shown for 1500. the kit comes with alot of the parts but many more are needed, intercooler piping and dump pipe and downpipe need to be cut and wielded to fit in front if firewall, but all the piping is good otherwise. BOV is not the best. waste gate is good sometimes. it says the turbo is good, but i have heard otherwise. none of the parts are namebrand just so you know. the kit i got had the same picture you have shown there and had the Godsped intercooler. that intercooler is fine. the turbo manifold should be good. some of the fitting do not perfectly match up and the fuel lines sometime leak if it is a bad line.

other parts i NEDDED to buy outside of the kit:

-oil catch tank(necesaary) $80

-ecu piggyback system, greddy e-manage or apexi neo, i got the neo(necessary) $750 with tune and installatio

-intake filter and intake pipe, brake line conjuction needs to be remounted because it is in the way of the intake $100 for each, both HKS part

later you should also get pulleys and cams

you need a 6 or 7 inch tall intercooler by 2.5 - 3 inches wide and about 24 inches long with about 2.5 - 3 inch inlets, NOT the 30 inch core size listed, it does not fit and causes too much turbo lag

bigger feul pump or bigger injectors needed, maybe both. because i was not able turn up the fuel enough so the air feul ratio is bad until you get that and it does not run very good.

i suggest not getting one of these kits you have been looking at!!!!!

depending on whether or not you are going to put it in yourself or have someone else do, ask a mechanic who is a PROFFESSIOAL in this area.

i was able to get this kit for $1000 and spent $1000 on labor installation and $2000 for other parts so far, w/out feul pump and injectors. i just got my car done on 11/5/07. i had it put in by a professional and it looks really clean and the bugs are still being tuned out but a can still drive it. so far i have spent$4000 on just getting the turbo kit i and running

so the turbo is not a name brand and probabley not super good, the kit is set i think at 11 psi, but the Is can only handle at first 6, and then later 7psi

other kits i sugest are the turbonetics kit, it is $5595 i think, but comes with everything and is warrantyed.

there is also a Rev Hard kit that is $4399 and also has everything to bolt on EXCEPT the feul management(ecu piggyback system)

so you should probably get one of those from experiance it is easier, with better stuff ad more reliable. you can take a look at both kits at

http://www.turbo-kits.com/IS300_turbo_kits.html

so if you have any Q's let me know

What turbo are they using? and how many lbs of boost?

hi

ya i purchased the one you have shown for 1500. the kit comes with alot of the parts but many more are needed, intercooler piping and dump pipe and downpipe need to be cut and wielded to fit in front if firewall, but all the piping is good otherwise. BOV is not the best. waste gate is good sometimes. it says the turbo is good, but i have heard otherwise. none of the parts are namebrand just so you know. the kit i got had the same picture you have shown there and had the Godsped intercooler. that intercooler is fine. the turbo manifold should be good. some of the fitting do not perfectly match up and the fuel lines sometime leak if it is a bad line.

other parts i NEDDED to buy outside of the kit:

-oil catch tank(necesaary) $80

-ecu piggyback system, greddy e-manage or apexi neo, i got the neo(necessary) $750 with tune and installatio

-intake filter and intake pipe, brake line conjuction needs to be remounted because it is in the way of the intake $100 for each, both HKS part

later you should also get pulleys and cams

you need a 6 or 7 inch tall intercooler by 2.5 - 3 inches wide and about 24 inches long with about 2.5 - 3 inch inlets, NOT the 30 inch core size listed, it does not fit and causes too much turbo lag

bigger feul pump or bigger injectors needed, maybe both. because i was not able turn up the fuel enough so the air feul ratio is bad until you get that and it does not run very good.

i suggest not getting one of these kits you have been looking at!!!!!

depending on whether or not you are going to put it in yourself or have someone else do, ask a mechanic who is a PROFFESSIOAL in this area.

i was able to get this kit for $1000 and spent $1000 on labor installation and $2000 for other parts so far, w/out feul pump and injectors. i just got my car done on 11/5/07. i had it put in by a professional and it looks really clean and the bugs are still being tuned out but a can still drive it. so far i have spent$4000 on just getting the turbo kit i and running

so the turbo is not a name brand and probabley not super good, the kit is set i think at 11 psi, but the Is can only handle at first 6, and then later 7psi

other kits i sugest are the turbonetics kit, it is $5595 i think, but comes with everything and is warrantyed.

there is also a Rev Hard kit that is $4399 and also has everything to bolt on EXCEPT the feul management(ecu piggyback system)

so you should probably get one of those from experiance it is easier, with better stuff ad more reliable. you can take a look at both kits at

http://www.turbo-kits.com/IS300_turbo_kits.html

so if you have any Q's let me know

Turbonetics kit is 4200 bucks. I got everything in the kit without the Unichip for wholesale 2600 bucks and then got the AEM for 400. So my kit total was 3k. The whole thing went in perfectly, with no issues other than I needed a stiffer spring for the bov which they sent for free.

I have heard good things about the SRT kit, but that comes with a Garrett Turbo. ( I had a bad experience with Garrett, so no more Garretts for me.) But that doesn't mean they make a bad product.

Do it right and you'll save yourself alot of headaches.