My Ride Is Very Rough........help

Hi all

Bought 98' GS400 last year. At that time it was a nice smooth ride. After 1 year i have changed my Stabilizer links and ball joints and got new tires. Everything seems fine but the car is very rough on road. I can feel every crack and bump on the road and even my interior makes plastic shifting noises which *BLEEP* me off because of its frequency. Have anyone had any similar problems? What are the possible resolutions to this?

TIA

I noticed that when the bridgestones get worn, they ride much rougher, That was my experience on my RX, My michelins cross terrains ride very smooth...

i hear squeeky stuff too, but its mostly my sunroof... a lil silicone spray should fix that... as far as the rough ride goes how are the struts doin?

:cheers: I get the squeeks as well on my sunroof!! The rough ride sounds like it may be the struts. Had a mate with similar problems and turns out the struts were the cause. 140,000kms of driving through bad pod-holes everyday were mostly the cause. :cries:

I get squeaks or rattles from my sunroof, but it's the privacy blocker part that you can slide closed. If it isn't sitting just right it rattles. Check your front struts but you should be able to tell if they are going if the car is starting to get more bouncer, or if you can pull a wheel and see if there is any dampness from the strut leaking. Just a few idea's that don;t cost you anything but time.....

Dave

• 1 month later...
I get squeaks or rattles from my sunroof, but it's the privacy blocker part that you can slide closed. If it isn't sitting just right it rattles. Check your front struts but you should be able to tell if they are going if the car is starting to get more bouncer, or if you can pull a wheel and see if there is any dampness from the strut leaking. Just a few idea's that don;t cost you anything but time.....

Dave

I had the same problem with my 1994 GS300 and I changed my tires to Z rated tires and it is running great. There are some bad tires out there. Bad driving tires will drive you crazy and make you believe that your vehicle needs all sort of repairs. Good luck and keep us posted.