How Can I Fix Burned Out Dash Lights?

paultyler

I have a 90 LS 400. The light and the LCD on the ac and clock display are not working at all. It's just blank. Also, a few of the lights on some of the center console buttons are burned out...for example the light on the "low" button for the AC. Anyone have a link on how to fix these problems? Thanks.

I have a 90 LS 400. The light and the LCD on the ac and clock display are not working at all. It's just blank. Also, a few of the lights on some of the center console buttons are burned out...for example the light on the "low" button for the AC. Anyone have a link on how to fix these problems? Thanks.

Check out the pinned topic stickied to the very top of the LS400/460 forum (click back, look up, waaaaaaay up).

If you are referring to the LCD readout itself just being blank, then this is an LCD issue, not lighting.

Also, if the "low" light you are referring to is the "green" LED indicator light, then that is not as easily user replaceable.

However, the backlighting for the button itself is easy to do--check out the Lexls.com tutorial. You can even replace with blue LED backlighting while you're in there.