Sc300 Heater Will Not Work

sjc6765

I thought that my heat control valve was bad,, so I bypassed it. I got a 5/8ths ID elbow,, and totally bypassed the heat control valve. STILL no heat,, the heater core is not blocked, the hoses that go into and out of the heater core both get hot,, so if it was clogged, no water would be going through. Still, I have cold air blowing in the car,, It has got me stumped.

Has Anybody gone through this before,, or have any ideas?

I just took the cover off at the passenger feet,, under that is the temp control motor and valve,,, I turned the temp from cold to hot and the motor and valve are working just like they should, moving nicely. I wanted to make sure that the heater core was not blocked,, so I disconnected it and ran water thruogh it,, no problems totally open.

Is there another motor or valve that would have anything to do with this?

Any Help?

I just took the cover off at the passenger feet,, under that is the temp control motor and valve,,, I turned the temp from cold to hot and the motor and valve are working just like they should, moving nicely. I wanted to make sure that the heater core was not blocked,, so I disconnected it and ran water thruogh it,, no problems totally open.

Is there another motor or valve that would have anything to do with this?

Any Help?

I brought my '01 RX300 to the dealer today for no heat. Told the servo was bad; part of the AC system that controls air flow. They have to order it so my Lexy is in the shop until Tuesday but at least I have a brand new ES loaner. Car has 100,000+ on it so have to expect stuff to go bad.

• 2 weeks later...