O/d Light

p400f

Last night while driving, my overdrive light started flashing. I was driving on a road that I couldn’t stop on, so I turn the O/D off then back on and it keep flashing. By this time I was in full metal panic!! I got to my destination and when I looked down the light was off. It didn’t come back on. Holy S!! What does that mean?? I called Lexus and they want me to bring the car in. Mind you I always get the car serviced through Lexus and it only has 257K on it. Am I in trouble? Is this a sign for bad things to come? And advice?

P

• 3 weeks later...

Last night while driving, my overdrive light started flashing. I was driving on a road that I couldn’t stop on, so I turn the O/D off then back on and it keep flashing. By this time I was in full metal panic!! I got to my destination and when I looked down the light was off. It didn’t come back on. Holy S!! What does that mean?? I called Lexus and they want me to bring the car in. Mind you I always get the car serviced through Lexus and it only has 257K on it. Am I in trouble? Is this a sign for bad things to come? And advice?

P

I have the same thing going with the o/d off light on my 90 LS400. Please let me know if you find out anything.

P

I have the same thing going with the o/d off light on my 90 LS400. Please let me know if you find out anything.

The control system has "discovered" that the O/D lockup clutch is slipping...failed??

Certainly no reason for panic, simply turn the O/D off and drive...

Lower FE but you can fix the clutch at your convience.

When the O/D light flashes periodically while driving it means you have a transmission code stored. Save yourself $100 and read it yourself, it's very simple: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

This happened to me before and I needed a solenoid and speed sensor replaced. Once replaced all has been good for over a year. The light is just the the check engine light, the car is telling you something needs to be checked out and/or fixed.

my O/D light also come on and flashes.....i did notice that when I take off from a stand still my car will accelerate normal and then seems like a governer kicks in and the rpms drop....once i press the gas pedal the car will pickup speed and that's usually when the light comes on.........has anyone experienced this?????????????92LS with 234000 miles.......

P

YEH, HEY...I too have that problem also wit my 93 es300, when i bought the car it had a another engine put in it,an i was told that the overdrive light jus started to flash on or off when driving, but that it wasnt anything to panic about...

also could this affect my trans? an cause it to be doin what i mentioned in my post?

When the O/D light flashes periodically while driving it means you have a transmission code stored. Save yourself $100 and read it yourself, it's very simple: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

This happened to me before and I needed a solenoid and speed sensor replaced. Once replaced all has been good for over a year. The light is just the the check engine light, the car is telling you something needs to be checked out and/or fixed.

hey, could this be my remedy to the trans problems im having? an can a solenoid an speed sensor be installed by myself or a regular mechanic,?

can i do this myself, an how much u think these 2 items are gonna cost me? an would this affect my trans an cause it to give the problems its giving ?