What Is This Squeak?!

Hey guys. I'm at work, and just made a trip to mcdonalds for some breakfast, but... I hope my car makes it home this afternoon for the 25 mile drive.

While i was driving, i took some fast tight turns, faster than normal driving. now, when i'm turning, it sounds like a garbage truck with squeaky brakes. It's louder and lower in pitch than the normal brake squeak. I don't have to apply the brakes or anything, and it's coming from the left front wheel. Seems thus far to only do it while I'm turning, but I haven't been able to test that much. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Anyone know how much wheel bearings cost, where to find them, and how difficult they are to change?

I recently replaced the right rear wheel bearing - part cost $136.67 from the service center. You probably could get for cheaper.

But other than that, you might want to look into the lower control arms - I have had some squeaking, and they too can cause that. But get a second opinion on this one, cause this is an expensive affair. I just got this done on my car, which has almost 140K on it. Both the lower front control arms with labor cost me $1500. Thats a lot - although you can get the two together on ebay for about $800.

Anyone know how much wheel bearings cost, where to find them, and how difficult they are to change?

I recently replaced the right rear wheel bearing - part cost $136.67 from the service center. You probably could get for cheaper.

But other than that, you might want to look into the lower control arms - I have had some squeaking, and they too can cause that. But get a second opinion on this one, cause this is an expensive affair. I just got this done on my car, which has almost 140K on it. Both the lower front control arms with labor cost me $1500. Thats a lot - although you can get the two together on ebay for about $800.

Look up Carson Toyota and do some searching on ClubLexus.com. There is much more useful information over there in regards to anything. I got a pair of brand new Toyota Supra control arms for a hair over $500, about $250 each. And they are a wonderful upgrade to the oem SC control arms, it helps with the steering response quite a bit. I installed them myself so it only ran me the cost of parts total.

But to me, it really sounds more like the wheel bearing since even when my lower control arms were shot, it didn't make any kind of noise other than the thunk it makes when going from reverse to forward.

Is it a constant squeak? My wheels bearings are shot in the rear but they make a low pitch sound. Its like waa-waa-waa-waa on the highway. A good indicator is if your on the highway move the wheel back and forth slightly and if you hear the noise make a change of pitch its most likely the wheel bearing(s).