Anyone Here Start Up Their Own Company?

davematthews-S4

I've been working for others for a while now, good pay but still, and was thinking about opening up my own business. The American dream. I was thinking about medical equipment sales, gauzes, needles, ect.., and/or nurse staffing company. Any ideas would be great, or if you have experiance in this, I would love to talk to you for a bit and pick your brain. Thanks.

sounds like a great idea

i have only worked in a hospital as a clerk years ago

so i have no more info inthat feild to give you

never mind i am in toronto

then again where are you located?

good luck it is always a good thing to be working for yourself

I own my own company, we do small time marketing and consult with car dealerships about customer retention.

I've never worked for anyone else, and hope I never have to.

Basically what you need to make sure you know is what you're getting into, what kind of upfront costs, what paperwork you need to file for the state and federal gov'ts, how you want the company to be structured, sole proprietership, partnership, corporation, LLC. Draw up some good business plans, or have an accountant draw them up for you.

And you also have to be motivated by money, if you're not you wont survive. When you work for someone else, you can afford to be motivated by care and compassion because you make the same wage regardless, but on your own, the dollar is your only friend.

If its any good advice, my fiance's stepsister was a nurse, and now runs her own nurse staffing company bringing home about $300,000 for 1/2 the time she used to work as a nurse.

Good stuff huh?

I've never worked for anyone else, and hope I never have to.

more power too you sw03es! :D

i own my own buisness but before i started it i worked for many people and buisnesses so i feel your pain davematthews-S4! :( keep your head up and hopes high and dont stop trying until you get were you want to be in life and you will be fine! :D

Thats another big thing, is keeping your head up. Its REALLY easy to become discouraged. Its a lot of hard work, its different than working for someone else. Sort of like walking a tightrope without a net...

• 2 months later...

I've been working on my business proposal for the past 6 months. Trying to get seed money for my aftermarket retail shop.

I'm starting with a partner, and VCs. Helps distribute cost, accross the board.

Computer service companies are the easiest and cheapest to start-up. Others require some major funding. If you're starting a medical equipment company, start the research and a proposal, for some VCs to look at.