2005 Ls430

forswami

Sounds like a nice deal on the car. Enjoy and welcome to the world of "Lexury"

Sounds good to me.I paid $44,700 for an 2006 with 9998 miles on it back in May of 2007.And thought I got a good deal.

That's a REALLY good deal! I paid $44K for a certified 05 with 19K miles back in June. Makes it seem like I way overpaid!

Anyway, keep the maintenances up to date, and you should have yourself a reliable and worry free car for a long time!

Congratulations!

That's a REALLY good deal! I paid $44K for a certified 05 with 19K miles back in June. Makes it seem like I way overpaid!

Congratulations!

I am trying to figure out the prices, as well. The $35k with 20,000 miles seems well under market ( any problems with carfax? or a distressed seller?? ) and the $44k is a 'bit' - but not that much over value. In addition - the price in June should be higher than now--as the 08's where not available then ...with approx 14% depreciation a year --it should happen in some sort of gradual trend from one year to the next (Forbes had an article on best vehicles to hold value - as compared with many Caddy's at 27% depreciation a year

Buying from a Lexus dealer comes with a price (and some security) - then there are the options on the car .... for me I am looking for any LS with a Nav unit --so you know it has at least an extra $4000 in options on the car over base. But options don't comand that much extra for total value, from what I have seen. Look at price spread from an Ultra to a base model.

I posted this chart of what I have seen so far on the few I have been tracking for 05's and 06's - here -- if of any interest

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314823

I think it helps us all to have better market data.

ps - one side bar -- Cdn's like me will be bidding up some prices in area's near the border - due to stronger Cdn $$ and stupid car prices in Canada that have not yet adjusted to the dollar.

Regards

Greg H

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:cheers: I just bought an 05 ls with 20 k mileage for $35k, Do any of you who has lS 2005 or 06, do i have to worry about any problems <_<

Great deal

I just paid 30,500 for an 04 ls430 Ultra with 50,000 miles.....certified to 100,000 miles includes oil changes and washes, etc but not major service...Love the car!! Had to pay 999 to get the Sat Radio installed....did I get ripped?

not really, i got mine for 34k and its 04 with 43k miles. but mine is CPO, bumper to bumper for 3 years or 100k:)

i was thinking of getting one on ebay for 4-6k cheaper but then decided to go with CPO for a piece of mind. too many electrical features in the car to buy it without warranty, i know LS is very reliable but if smth brakes i can easily spend these 4-6 k on repairs.

right away the sub died and AC filter message popped up, went to a dealershipt and it got taken care of free of charge, a 350$ value in parts and labor at the lexus dealerships is 109$ per hour:)

Congrats on the car Ultraguy!

Unless you got something special on the sat radio, you probably got ripped. The factory kit (new in two pieces, radio plus new trim cover) is about $350 from Sewell for XM Radio. There was a kit for Sirius as well, but I don't know anything about its pricing. It took me about 3 hours to install the XM kit, but I did a few things differently along the way for personal preference as I didn't want the antenna permanently on the trunk.

Anyway, keep the maintenances up to date, and you should have yourself a reliable and worry free car for a long time!

Congratulations!

If the car was hit it's not such a great deal. Check that all body panels have the VIN # on them and ask a body shop where the car was painted. You can check for overspray also. I believe on the '05s that the trunk does not have the VIN.

Keep in mind that for CPO cars the warranty isn't transferrable. This means that an '05 without a CPO that has not been hit and has all its service is pretty much just as good as an '05 that is CPO'ed (i.e. purchased in March '05, Warranty until March '09 - by then you'll know what's wrong). The difference is that the CPO warranty is to 100k miles as opposed to 50k, but if the car wasn't hit and has all its service nothing significant is going to go wrong with it anyway.