I Need A Cd Changer Or Cd Player

Sengr

Hi All,

I have 1996 LS 400 that I bought used with 42500 miles on it. I planned to keep this baby for a long time so I think it is time to get a CD player installed. I am tired of being teased about a luxury car without a CD player. What is my best option for a CD player? Do I get a used CD Changer from the junk yard? Or do I go get a CD changer installed in the trunk? If I get a used CD changer, where is the best place to get one. If any of you do know where to get a used CD changer, do let me know please. I had priced it at the dealer and it cost likde $1500.00. Ouch! For the second option, is that a valid option? Thanks in advance.

ebay.

Hi All,

I have 1996 LS 400 that I bought used with 42500 miles on it. I planned to keep this baby for a long time so I think it is time to get a CD player installed. I am tired of being teased about a luxury car without a CD player. What is my best option for a CD player? Do I get a used CD Changer from the junk yard? Or do I go get a CD changer installed in the trunk? If I get a used CD changer, where is the best place to get one. If any of you do know where to get a used CD changer, do let me know please. I had priced it at the dealer and it cost likde $1500.00. Ouch! For the second option, is that a valid option? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the OEM cd changers are very expensive. Park Place sells it for $1800; it is crazy. I'd check ebay and car-part.com for a changer. I've seen them on both sites for sale in the $200-$300 range. I'm not sure if the LS comes prewired for a changer, but if not, obviously, you'll need to find that wiring harness and the trim panel that goes around the cd changer in the glove box.

Hi All,

I have a CD changer and brackets from a '97 LS400, also a radio and an amp from the same car because I had installed a different sound sytem. I would be willing to send these in exchange for the upper glovebox compartment from an LS without CD player (the insert, not the door) also would be willing to send along the isert from my upperglovebox to fit the changer.

I have a 96 also. I wound up having one installed in the trunk after Lexus told me they wanted $ 800. I didn't think of Ebay. I wish I had.

I also had sattelite radio installed. Now that I have it, I very rarely listen to CD's in the car

Hi All,

Hi All,

Little update here. I found out my car came with the wiring ready for the CD plaaer. I am looking for a CD changer now. I am bidding for one on ebay or maybe call the local junk yards around. What sould I expect to pay? Thanks. For the member who wish to send the CD changer in exchage for my upper glove compartment; I am confused. I thought the unit fits inside the upper comparment, with railing supplied with the CD changer. I need to check lexls.com to find out.

• 1 year later...
Get an Ipod and connection...Forget about the CD changers as they are a thing of the past...:cheers:

Can you send me a URL that shows how to connect an Ipod to a stock radio? Do you just use a FM transmitter or is there a way to hardwire it? I'm thinking of installing XM radio in my 02 LS430 but there isn't a Aux option on my radio. If they use a transmitter won't the quality be degraded? I tried searching the thread for XM but the search tool wouldn't let me...

Get an Ipod and connection...Forget about the CD changers as they are a thing of the past...:cheers:

Can you send me a URL that shows how to connect an Ipod to a stock radio? Do you just use a FM transmitter or is there a way to hardwire it? I'm thinking of installing XM radio in my 02 LS430 but there isn't a Aux option on my radio. If they use a transmitter won't the quality be degraded? I tried searching the thread for XM but the search tool wouldn't let me...

you mean this?

http://clublexus.com/forums/lexus-audio-vi...oem-stereo.html

though, for your LS430 i'd recco just picking up a vaistech plug 'n play aux. adapter.