New Torque Converter

alicias

i just had a lextreme torque converter put in my sc400. lextreme was very fast with shipping the TC and giving me credit for the core. my installation was a little more than i had hoped but it was still well worth it.

Here are the approximate numbers.

TC was $395 - $175 = $220

installation = $500

shipping to return TC = $55

the car is a lot more responsive.

i just had a lextreme torque converter put in my sc400. lextreme was very fast with shipping the TC and giving me credit for the core. my installation was a little more than i had hoped but it was still well worth it.

Here are the approximate numbers.

TC was $395 - $175 = $220

installation = $500

shipping to return TC = $55

the car is a lot more responsive.

Ya $500 for labor = ouch! I'm considering a TC too.

Installation should have been around $300... It's nice with the new stall rate torque converter isn't it? The car bolts now in the first two gears but the top end suffers abit... It's a tease but a good start, congrats....

David at Lextreme is really good with his orders and reasonably priced with his parts...

Installation should have been around $300... It's nice with the new stall rate torque converter isn't it? The car bolts now in the first two gears but the top end suffers abit... It's a tease but a good start, congrats....

David at Lextreme is really good with his orders and reasonably priced with his parts...

Jibbby, I'm going to take care of my TC early next year, but I have always wondered what kind of loss in the high range are we talking about. Is it being able to go 120 vs. 130 or does it kill it in th enormal highway cruising range?