1999 Ls400

ford212.809

Nice looking car. What did you give if you dont mind saying?

I paid $15,700.00. The seller (100% feedback & 200 auto transactions) said the car never left the state of Florida. Before my check was sent, I went to my local Lexus dealer to run the vin #. The car has had ALL of the service done by Lexus - including the 60K mile service.

I am very excited about this car. I have driven several of these (1997-2000) here in Tennessee - trying to find the right one. Either too much money OR cosmetically wore-out. I hope this is the one.

By the way, the only owner was at the dealer when the broker went to purchase the car. The owner looked like he weighed in @ 150 lbs. and was a widow. Hence, perfect interior.

By golly, that IS a good looking car. I bought a 99 two months ago, 2 owners, 65,000 miles. Unfortunately, the prior owners never had the steering tilt fixed. I am on the hook for that one. I did get all the manuals, though. Haven't checked with a dealer yet. You guys are scaring me with Mercedes maintenancve prices. Fortunatley, I am a pretty good amateur mechanic.

Congrats, and good luck!!!

Dave B, former owner of a 1988 735i that kept me awake at night.

Oh, and a PSU alum. We'll see about that OSU thing this weekend!

Here are a few more photos. I gotta say, the thing that REALLY sold me on this car is the A-1 condition of the interior. It is hard to believe this car is nearly nine years old. The seller told me on the phone - "Dollar for dollar, it IS the nicest car he has ever sold (over 200)." Obviously, I can't prove it, but I believe the one owner didn't have any friends. The seats' leather is nearly flawless.

Rest assured, when it arrives, I'll update on the condition.

post-16141-1193349614_thumb.jpgpost-16141-1193349654_thumb.jpg[at

achment=7775:1999_Lex...LS400_6_.jpg]post-16141-1193349713_thumb.jpg[a

tachment=7777:1999_Lex...LS400_8_.jpg]post-16141-1193349746_thumb.jpg[

ttachment=7779:1999_Lex...S400_10_.jpg]

post-16141-1193349685_thumb.jpg

post-16141-1193349729_thumb.jpg

post-16141-1193349762_thumb.jpg

Thanks for ALL of the compliments, Guys. HOWEVER, I talked to the shipping company today and guess what - It will be Thursday or Friday before the prize arrives. Seems there was some "mix-up in the paperwork" - yea right !!!!!!!

Seems the much older I get, the less tolerant I become. B)

Thanks for ALL of the compliments, Guys. HOWEVER, I talked to the shipping company today and guess what - It will be Thursday or Friday before the prize arrives. Seems there was some "mix-up in the paperwork" - yea right !!!!!!!

Seems the much older I get, the less tolerant I become. B)

Congrats! Stunning vehicle. Looks a lot (condition wise) like the '98 I bought, especially the interior. Mine was just as clean as yours is since it sat garaged and covered up by the original owner who did not drive it much unless he was here in town (he lived in Las Vegas most of the time, the Navi/GPS is still set to his home address off Flamingo Road). I must say, I would have LOVED to find my car in this condition in black! I just tured 34K miles (had under 20K when I found it). Best of luck, you will enjoy this car like no other.

OK guys, here goes. The car arrived on Nov 1. Since the car was delivered on a car hauler from Miami, the exterior was extremely dirty upon arrival. After a thorough inspection, the interior is a TEN, the paint is a EIGHT, under the hood is a TEN. This car rides and drives like a LS should. Very smooth, quick and quiet. From my perspective, the one owner was particular about the inside - extremely clean and undamaged. However, it looks like he washed it - maybe - once-a-month. No dents, typical surface scratches, bird droppings underneath the clearcoat. The trusty clay bar will be applied this weekend.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my second ebay auto purchase (my '98 ES was my first). Of course, I now have the difficult job of pursuading my wife of "letting me drive" it on occasion.

OK guys, here goes. The car arrived on Nov 1. Since the car was delivered on a car hauler from Miami, the exterior was extremely dirty upon arrival. After a thorough inspection, the interior is a TEN, the paint is a EIGHT, under the hood is a TEN. This car rides and drives like a LS should. Very smooth, quick and quiet. From my perspective, the one owner was particular about the inside - extremely clean and undamaged. However, it looks like he washed it - maybe - once-a-month. No dents, typical surface scratches, bird droppings underneath the clearcoat. The trusty clay bar will be applied this weekend.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my second ebay auto purchase (my '98 ES was my first). Of course, I now have the difficult job of pursuading my wife of "letting me drive" it on occasion.

congrats! glad you're happy with it! :)

By golly, that IS a good looking car. I bought a 99 two months ago, 2 owners, 65,000 miles. Unfortunately, the prior owners never had the steering tilt fixed. I am on the hook for that one. I did get all the manuals, though. Haven't checked with a dealer yet. You guys are scaring me with Mercedes maintenancve prices. Fortunatley, I am a pretty good amateur mechanic.

Congrats, and good luck!!!

Dave B, former owner of a 1988 735i that kept me awake at night.

Oh, and a PSU alum. We'll see about that OSU thing this weekend!

im a psu student right now.. all i have to say about that game was we need a new quarterback morelli sux

No dents, typical surface scratches, bird droppings underneath the clearcoat. The trusty clay bar will be applied this weekend.
Lexus's black paint wasn't cleared until '01 or '02. If you polish it, you'll see what I'm talking about. ;) I'm glad you are enjoying your new car so much! :cheers:

No dents, typical surface scratches, bird droppings underneath the clearcoat. The trusty clay bar will be applied this weekend.
Lexus's black paint wasn't cleared until '01 or '02. If you polish it, you'll see what I'm talking about. ;) I'm glad you are enjoying your new car so much! :cheers:

Once again Blake, you are RIGHT. A friend of mine that owns his own detail business - over 1000 details on his resume - spent all day (6 coats) on it this past Saturday. It looks much, much better than it did when he started. However, when you get real close and look, it still looks - well, neglected. From 20 ft. + away, it looks GREAT. Oh well, black is black. I've owned black before, so I knew what I was getting into.

Anyway, less than $16,000.00 for the top-of-the-line in durability AND no payments, I'm very happy !!!!!

Yep, Blake beat me to it. This is single stage paint and its VERY easy to correct. Did he machine polish the car? if not you should have that done I bet you he can get it 90%.

Its a beauty!

Ah - Steve is in the house !!!! I was wandering when you were going to show up @ the party.

He used a buffer on every coat. Like I said earlier, it looks like brand new - 20+ feet away. I'm 43 yrs. old - therefore, I'm into mechanical durability more than the "looks" these days.