1999 Es300 Rim Sizes?

OaksLexus

Hi all I am a proud owner of a 1999 Lexus ES300. The car has 15" rims that winter has taken its toll on. Next spring I plan to get new rims and tires, and was wondering, how big of a rim can I install before I greatly reduce ride quality? I like how the car drives now, and do not want to change it too much. Thanks all!

I like how the car drives now, and do not want to change it too much. Thanks all!

Personally, 17" wins IMO. Reasonable tyre price & big choice, ride quality pretty similar, much better handling/ cornering, good looking size too. I would go 225/45/17, but you may prefer 205/50/17. Any bigger and you will upset rolling diameter & comfort, 18" max and then you will need 35 or 40 profile . Dubs are for the teen set, they look wrong on an ES, plus the economy & acceleration suffer.

I like how the car drives now, and do not want to change it too much. Thanks all!

Personally, 17" wins IMO. Reasonable tyre price & big choice, ride quality pretty similar, much better handling/ cornering, good looking size too. I would go 225/45/17, but you may prefer 205/50/17. Any bigger and you will upset rolling diameter & comfort, 18" max and then you will need 35 or 40 profile . Dubs are for the teen set, they look wrong on an ES, plus the economy & acceleration suffer.

Thanks, I was thinking 17" in my mind but wanted to check. Now to find a rim that will make this car look sexy! lol I dont want it to be to flashy, just a classic handsome look if you know what I mean. I am 33, so no longer a kid. lol

Thanks, I was thinking 17" in my mind but wanted to check. Now to find a rim that will make this car look sexy! lol I dont want it to be to flashy, just a classic handsome look if you know what I mean. I am 33, so no longer a kid. lol

i run a 215 50 r17 a littel wide and the same height as stock. i like my rims