Bleeding Brakes

oceanrunner

I have 1990 LS 400. I replaced the Master cyclinder because the brake pedal went down close to the flood. I bleed the master cyclinder before installing. I bleed the lines for air, and still can't get a good pedal for driving condition. I removed all the wheels and brake pads to check for leakage. I discovered right rear cylinder was leaking. I replaced it. Still can't get a pedal. What is a good bleeding system to remove air, and get a good pedal. I tried RR,LR,RF,AND LF. Also I read somewhere here to, LF,RR,LR,ANDRF. Can someone share some light for a pedal for brakes. Is its possible for the ABS to malfuct.

The procedure is outlined here: http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/brake/bleeding.html

When I installed my SS lines I got a much better pedal feel, something to consider.

An alternative to the"pump and crack" method is to completely submerge the end of the tube into about 1 inch of clean brake fluid, push pedal, crack bleeder valve and let fluid fill tubing, now with the end submerged, you can slowly let up on the pedal without tightening the bleeder and it will not draw in any air, just brake fluid like a straw, do this a few times and the fluid will slowly become clear/new. Tighten on a down stroke and move on. There is also the "Mighty-Vac "method where you literally suck new fluid through the system with the vacuum hand pump, just make SURE that you never let the reservoir run dry. Dot 5 is the best fluid as it does not absorb moisture but can lead to a less than rock hard pedal.

• 2 weeks later...
I have 1990 LS 400. I replaced the Master cyclinder because the brake pedal went down close to the flood. I bleed the master cyclinder before installing. I bleed the lines for air, and still can't get a good pedal for driving condition. I removed all the wheels and brake pads to check for leakage. I discovered right rear cylinder was leaking. I replaced it. Still can't get a pedal. What is a good bleeding system to remove air, and get a good pedal. I tried RR,LR,RF,AND LF. Also I read somewhere here to, LF,RR,LR,ANDRF. Can someone share some light for a pedal for brakes. Is its possible for the ABS to malfuct.