Keyless Entry Problem

I just bought the car last friday. i thought my remote didnt work. finally realized that its the lock. when i press the button i can hear it trying to unlock but it doesnt. has anyone else had this problem before and how did you fix it.

Hey Jarvis, congratulations on getting your GS and welcome to the club :D Tell me more about the symptoms. Do the doors lock/unlock manually just fine? I used to have an 01 GS300 and the symptoms of one of the door locks was that anytime I tried to lock/unlock with either the remote or the power door lock, I would hear the car trying to lock/unlock twice or so, but nothing would happen on that door. It turned out that the door lock actuator went bad, I found a new one on ebay for around $300 and had my mechanic install it. Hope this helps... Keep us posted

Hey Jarvis, congratulations on getting your GS and welcome to the club :D Tell me more about the symptoms. Do the doors lock/unlock manually just fine? I used to have an 01 GS300 and the symptoms of one of the door locks was that anytime I tried to lock/unlock with either the remote or the power door lock, I would hear the car trying to lock/unlock twice or so, but nothing would happen on that door. It turned out that the door lock actuator went bad, I found a new one on ebay for around $300 and had my mechanic install it. Hope this helps... Keep us posted

ok...when i hit the unlock button on the remote i can hear the drivers door trying to unlock but it doesnt. when i hit it again all the other doors unlock. if i hit the lock button only the driver side back door locks. If i use the lock button in the car the same thing happens. only the back driver door locks. but they all work manually. its just really annoying to have a lexus and not have the door locks of all things not work the way you want them to

ok...when i hit the unlock button on the remote i can hear the drivers door trying to unlock but it doesnt. when i hit it again all the other doors unlock. if i hit the lock button only the driver side back door locks. If i use the lock button in the car the same thing happens. only the back driver door locks. but they all work manually. its just really annoying to have a lexus and not have the door locks of all things not work the way you want them to

Please see.. My DIY more info than you would ever want to know....

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289839

Please see.. My DIY more info than you would ever want to know....

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289839

Hey toyoboy, great link

• 1 year later...

The funny thing is that when you open the remote ....there is no battery - however it takes very little pressure to remove the circuit board as it simply will flap over ( with a tiny screwdriver to help- and here is the battery-

Really wished this was written in the book !

Good Luck. :lol: