Updating Map For Nav System On 2006 Rx400

The last time I checked at the local Lexus dealership, they did not have an update for the GPS. I've had the 2006 RX 400 for 2 1/2 years now (can that be right?) and there are many areas here in Southern California that don't show up on the map. These are not brand new neighborhoods. Some were built in 2003. Has anyone gotten an update for their system

The last time I checked at the local Lexus dealership, they did not have an update for the GPS. I've had the 2006 RX 400 for 2 1/2 years now (can that be right?) and there are many areas here in Southern California that don't show up on the map. These are not brand new neighborhoods. Some were built in 2003. Has anyone gotten an update for their system

The search tool is a wonderful thing :P

Plenty of threads have covered the issue. Check ebay as the DVD's you find on line are less expensive than your local Lexus shop. Unfortunately, the dealer reps aren't necessarily the most knowledgable folks on the planet. There have been 2 upgrades since our '06 went into production. Problem is, if you run the newest upgrade (unless you download the hacked/modified DVD) you will loose your hidden/override screen that allows you to input destinations while on the move. The issue of destination input on the fly has been rehashed ad nausium, too.