92 Sc300 Heater Problem

dfwflyr85

I have had a heck of a time finding tech info on my car. I bought it about 3 months ago and love it, but the only problem that i have is that the heater wont blow hot air. I tried to get to the sensor next to the key ignition (little screen thingy) but had no luck. im not really sure what thats even for, i assume its a temp sensor. I have listened when i switch the AC control from cold to hot and there is servo movement under the dash but i dont know if it is moving the blend air door or if its changing the airflow direction. Under the hood i see there is a switch/sensor that looks like a valve for coolant going to the heater but i dont know how to test if its working, and the vacuum lines attached to it kinda confuse me. I dont know whats wrong with it but i know im tired of being cold. I would take it to a shop but besides the fact that i have a poverty level income now, i dont have the time to get it to and from a shop, i travel alot and come in and out of town at weird hours. someone please help

• 1 month later...
I have had a heck of a time finding tech info on my car. I bought it about 3 months ago and love it, but the only problem that i have is that the heater wont blow hot air. I tried to get to the sensor next to the key ignition (little screen thingy) but had no luck. im not really sure what thats even for, i assume its a temp sensor. I have listened when i switch the AC control from cold to hot and there is servo movement under the dash but i dont know if it is moving the blend air door or if its changing the airflow direction. Under the hood i see there is a switch/sensor that looks like a valve for coolant going to the heater but i dont know how to test if its working, and the vacuum lines attached to it kinda confuse me. I dont know whats wrong with it but i know im tired of being cold. I would take it to a shop but besides the fact that i have a poverty level income now, i dont have the time to get it to and from a shop, i travel alot and come in and out of town at weird hours. someone please help

Change the thermostat.