My Lexus Is 250 Awd Is Making A Weird Noise When Im Backin

Hello, I'm new on this forum, and I was wondering, my IS250 AWD makes a weird noise when I'm parking, and I have my steering wheel all the to the right, it kind of makes this grinding or whirring noise. Anyone got a clue? Do I have to take it to the dealer??

That's normal.

I believe it has something to do with the transmission kicking in to make sure that the front wheels turn at the correct speed (because of the sharp angle, one of the front wheels will want to spin a lot more than the other).

Probably more obvious on your AWD model as well depending if there's power going to the front wheels.

All cars do it, how audible depends but having AWD/4WD would make it more obvious.

That's normal.

I believe it has something to do with the transmission kicking in to make sure that the front wheels turn at the correct speed (because of the sharp angle, one of the front wheels will want to spin a lot more than the other).

Probably more obvious on your AWD model as well depending if there's power going to the front wheels.

All cars do it, how audible depends but having AWD/4WD would make it more obvious.

Thx for the answer, now I can truly enjoy my new IS