Airbag Light Started Blinking - 2002 Rx300 (no Accident)

grataballi

Our 2002 RX300 just developed an airbag blinking light fault on the dash warning lights. I've looked through the forum, and it seems that there was a possibility of resetting this by disconnecting the battery for a minute or so, and reconnecting.

This didn't work - the vehicle has never been in an accident, nor had any service that would require touching the airbag, sensors, seatbelts, etc.

The light simply started blinking; any advise out there greatly appreciated (aside from..."don't look at it"!)

I understand that the sensor could be faulty - is that something that Lexus would normally cover? 58K miles since new - always $erviced by Lexu$.

thanks in advance,

G

Our 2002 RX300 just developed an airbag blinking light fault on the dash warning lights. I've looked through the forum, and it seems that there was a possibility of resetting this by disconnecting the battery for a minute or so, and reconnecting.

This didn't work - the vehicle has never been in an accident, nor had any service that would require touching the airbag, sensors, seatbelts, etc.

The light simply started blinking; any advise out there greatly appreciated (aside from..."don't look at it"!)

I understand that the sensor could be faulty - is that something that Lexus would normally cover? 58K miles since new - always $erviced by Lexu$.

thanks in advance,

G

you can always swing by the dealer and maybe they can fix it for you free of cost...................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
...the same dealer that wanted $1000 to turn 4 rotors and replace the pads...I don't think so! But thanks for the advice. Was hoping that someone had seen this and remedied the same.

I am having the same problem. Took it to dealership 3 times, they said no code was found and resetted 3 times. It has been almost 2 years and it is still blinking. I need to bring it back again. Airbag is 6yrs/100,000miles. My vehicle is only 50k and is still less than 6yrs.

Did you ever find the solution for yours?