Price On A High Mile 2001 Ls 430 Opinions Needed

superxjeff

Hi Guys, A local dealer has a 145,000 mile LS 430 car for 16,500. This car has every option except the lazer cruise control thing that slows you down when you get to close to another car. The car has every record and all work has been done by a local Lexus dealer. How afraid should I be of the miles and how many of these cars really go 300.000 miles? Would you buy a lower mile LS 400? What does everybody think? Thanks in advance I am new and just learning about these cars.

This link should answer your questions about high mileage LS's:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=18493

Hi Guys, A local dealer has a 145,000 mile LS 430 car for 16,500. This car has every option except the lazer cruise control thing that slows you down when you get to close to another car. The car has every record and all work has been done by a local Lexus dealer. How afraid should I be of the miles and how many of these cars really go 300.000 miles? Would you buy a lower mile LS 400? What does everybody think? Thanks in advance I am new and just learning about these cars.

I just bougt a 2000 LS400 Platinum Edition with Nav for around the same price with 89k miles on it. I would not be afraid of the mileage myself but then again I would buy one with the least amount of miles I could find in my budget. I have seen some low miles LS go for around the same price or less. Yes, these cars are more than capable of 300k miles with little problems. My last LS400 had 218k and still ran strong. Be sure and check Edmunds.com for a pricing guide. I would also recommend taking any car you are serious about buying to a local Lexus dealer for a pre purchase inspection. While that is no guarantee it sure makes me feel better. Good luck with your purchase and you will be more than happy with a Lexus if you get a good one.

I did a check on Edmunds on the car but it is hard to tell for sure because I dont have all the details about the car (color, equipment, etc) but it looks to be priced right.