Just Got Es330. Now I Need A Sound Upgrade?!

Hey. I'm relatively new around here. I just picked up a 2004 ES330. OK, I got a few questions. What are my realistic options for upgrading the sound system? I know I can change out the speakers. How hard is it to change the tweeters in particular? How powerful is the stock amp? How hard is it to bypass the stock amp? Has anybody installed a full system? If so, where have you guys installed the crossovers? I've got questions. You've guys have got answers. :D Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey. I'm relatively new around here. I just picked up a 2004 ES330. OK, I got a few questions. What are my realistic options for upgrading the sound system? I know I can change out the speakers. How hard is it to change the tweeters in particular? How powerful is the stock amp? How hard is it to bypass the stock amp? Has anybody installed a full system? If so, where have you guys installed the crossovers? I've got questions. You've guys have got answers. :D Thanks.

I had a bit of work done on my '05 ES. Basically, the whole system was replaced, with the exception of the head unit. The sound shop that did the work suggested that we retain the factory unit mostly for cosmetic purposes. I had the 6 interior speakers replaced with Klipsch and Infinities. The standard woofer in the rear trunk deck was removed (not enough room in the deck for a "real" sub) and a bass tube added in the trunk. I also added an XM Radio tuner.

I was told by the sound shop that the factory amp was kinda weak (I think they told me it was 110 watts total for all channels). The factory amp was bypassed and added 4 McIntosh power amps. Also added in order to handle the multiple speakers and time-alignment problem was a digital cross-over and a digital EQ . The 4 amps were configured as follows: 1-200 Watt for the hi-mids in the front doors, 1-100 Watt for the tweeters in the front, 1-100 Watt for the hi-mids in the rear doors, and 1-200 Watt in mono to feed the sub. All the components were neatly arranged in the trunk (see pic) - hard to tell that they are after-market units.

The finished sound can only be described in one word: AWESOME!

pic: es330.jpg