Does This Look Totaled To You?

Wow..i'm surpised the airbags did not go off.

If this hard hit doesn't deploy the airbag then this is frightening.

Glad you are ok...In my eyes the car looked totaled. That's :censored:

I hope is not totaled othewise the value goes down. Boy, looking at those pic(s) are painful.

When I crashed my husband's Mercedes Benz, going 40 mph, hit straight into his sidewall, my airbag did not go off. The dealership said the car "sensed" that it didn't need to go off. The seatbelt held me in, although my shin did hit the dash, and I did wind up breaking my ankle. But I'm thinking Lexus is probably the same way, with the sensors and all.

There are sensors that determine the angle of impact and the airbags are deployed only on collisions where they can protect the occupants. Remember that airbags are very expensive to replace and can represent a large portion of repair costs. This is a good thing because they can total what would otherwise be a repairable car and many people do not come out well on a total loss. This also reduces the overall costs of repairs to the insurers which means lower premiums for everyone.