Does This Look Totaled To You?

So I was traveling I-5 South in the far left lane in Carlsbad, and someone basically hit my right rear side, causing me to do a 180 across all 5 lanes into the barrier on the right. What do you guys think? Is it totaled?? I am waiting on the investigators conclusion. Thanks.

post-11029-1192919695_thumb.jpg

post-11029-1192919728_thumb.jpg

post-11029-1192919770_thumb.jpg

post-11029-1192919806_thumb.jpg

post-11029-1192920369_thumb.jpg

Hope you are ok..

Bet the :censored: got off with less damage on his car.... Depending on who you have for an insurance company depends on whether they declare it a total or not...:cries: Did the front and side airbags go off???

Good Luck

Was kind of crazy but NO airbags deployed.

In order for that to be repaired they would have to cut off the entire rear end of the car and recostruct a new one including the C-pillars. I guarantee thats totalled.

If your ES was hit and repaired, it wasn't hit that bad. Thats $25k in damage at least.

Even much less damage is difficult to make look as good as new. And for sure, the car will never be worth as much as before even with the best body shops. You trade it in and see what they'll give you for it after it's "supposedly" fixed...guys that know cars will know. So it may as well be a total.

More importantly, glad you are ok...

Yeah, insurance companies will have it fixed as long as it is cheaper to do so than replacing the vehicle to whatever value they find for it.

Note this: insurance companies do some weird stuff at the end of a month due to certain quota's, they will total out cars when it is cheaper to fix! Yes, it is weird, but they have their reasons!

Thats not entirely true. The insurance companies also have to insure the vehicle after its repaired. The liability for them is a big part of it, so it may be totalled even if the dollar amount for the repair is less than the value of the car.

Wow! Glad you're okay. That could've caused you some major damage. I say it looks totaled, the back end is all buckled (I don't know the appropriate lingo). But what your insurance company will do is another story. As I've seen above, if it's cheaper to fix it than to replace it, they will fix it, and we've experienced that. And no, the car will not be as good as new. I'd do what I could with the insurance company to get them to total it.

Wow! Glad you're okay. That could've caused you some major damage. I say it looks totaled, the back end is all buckled (I don't know the appropriate lingo). But what your insurance company will do is another story. As I've seen above, if it's cheaper to fix it than to replace it, they will fix it, and we've experienced that. And no, the car will not be as good as new. I'd do what I could with the insurance company to get them to total it.

Both C pillars are badly bent, and yet that back window stayed in tack... that's something.

Be glad they totalled it.

If it was repaired, it would NEVER be the same, you'd most likely go through tires every 2,000 miles and the trunk would always leak.

Glad you walked away. :)

post-55572-1193275401_thumb.jpghey, omg i am so sorry to hear about ur car! that really suck's ... i think they would consider it totaled ... i wrecked my Eclipse a couple year's ago and they considered it totaled and ur's looks way worse than mine ... good thing ur ok! i hope all is well .... good luck!

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Completely depends on the adjuster and NOT on the real damage to the car.

You're best bet is to have to brought to a body shop you KNOW will fight to have the car totalled. That means finding every little thing wrong with it highlighted and replaced. I've found that the Lexus dealership body shops are typically top notch.

• 3 weeks later...

:cries: Ouch!

May she rest in peace..!

So I was traveling I-5 South in the far left lane in Carlsbad, and someone basically hit my right rear side, causing me to do a 180 across all 5 lanes into the barrier on the right. What do you guys think? Is it totaled?? I am waiting on the investigators conclusion. Thanks.

Wow..i'm surpised the airbags did not go off.

If this hard hit doesn't deploy the airbag then this is frightening.

Glad you are ok...In my eyes the car looked totaled. That's :censored:

I hope is not totaled othewise the value goes down. Boy, looking at those pic(s) are painful.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow..i'm surpised the airbags did not go off.

If this hard hit doesn't deploy the airbag then this is frightening.

Glad you are ok...In my eyes the car looked totaled. That's :censored:

I hope is not totaled othewise the value goes down. Boy, looking at those pic(s) are painful.

The airbags won't go off in a rear collision, there would be no point.

If its totalled he won't care about the value, they'll just cut him a check...