Fan-like Noise?

I bought a used 2006 is250 a few weeks back and didn't have problems with it until about a week or two ago.

The car is in good condition, everything is satisfactory but when ever I drive around in a city where I have to

repeat stop and go the car occasionally make a 'fan-like noise'. It definitly comes from the engine room and It is quite loud and annoying and I can't seem to find out what's wrong with it. It can also be experieced when I try to change gears often.

I also noticed sometimes along with the loud fan-like wind noise, the rpm rises a slight bit and drops back to normal.

Can anyone help me out?

It's always hard to resolve "noise" issues without actually hearing them, but my first guess would be that it is your radiator fan kicking in. My second would be the a/c compressor (although not exactly a "wind" noise). Either one of those would create a load on your electrical system that would dictate a higher-than-idle RPM.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Perhaps some other factors would help us: like outside weather is very warm, occurs in stop-and-go traffic, etc.

Good luck.