Steering Clunk

Love my Ls460 with 10k miles. For past several months when turning at slow speed series of "clunks" as turn more sharply. Not loud clunks but definitely there.Occurs turning L or R. It is not worsening, but I am 2 1/2 hrs from nearest dealer which is a inconvenient. Does this appear to need immediate attention ( I know I have already waited a few months) or can I wait until I have to take car in for other service? Any ideas as to possible cause.

Doesn't sound serious, but there is a bulletin for the early LS460 concerning a front suspension "spring" noise that occurs when driving slow and turning the steering wheel to the left or right lock position. Theres an updated front coil springs. Definately something that would probably involve dropping the car off for the day to do.

i have the same problem with my gs400. when i am turning into parking spots or turning sharply at slow speeds. I beleive it could have something to do with the steering rack bushings being worn

No way the bushings are worn on a brand new LS460...

• 2 weeks later...
i have the same problem with my gs400. when i am turning into parking spots or turning sharply at slow speeds. I beleive it could have something to do with the steering rack bushings being worn

No way the bushings are worn on a brand new LS460...

I don't know about the new LS460, but on the GS400, the subframe bolts were loose. I was at my wits end after replacing the upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends on my 99 GS4. My alignment shop found the looe bolts. he has seen it before, and he instructed my mechanic to go below and tighten each nut and bolt beneath the car around the front wheels.

Once the bolts were tightened, ny noise went away and stayed for 30,00 miles now. NOT A PEEP.

SORRY about the highjack of the LS460 thread. l want one of these, and I know if I drive it, the GS will be history. It will happen soon!

OH MY ACHING WALLET! I won't be getting the LS600 HYBRID though. I saw one for $119,000 the other night. Can't afford THAT.