Mp3's On 2003 Es300?

reikiwes

The CD changer from an 03 won't work on a 93.

The answer is yes, MP3 CDs will work ;)

SW,

I guess you didn't read the original posters question since he didn't mention anything about a '93!

reikiwes,

The answer to your question is, NO.....you cannot play MP3 CD's on any of the 2003 ES300 sound systems. The ability to play MP3 CD's started with the '07 ES350's.

P.S. The CD player itself in the 2003 ES300 is not capable of playing MP3 CD's, and the sound systems circuitry is not setup to decode this format.

"SW,

I guess you didn't read the original posters question since he didn't mention anything about a '93!"

I think SW was referring to the poster below mine who was asking if he could put my 2003 CD player into his 1993 ES300. SW was telling him it wouldn't work.

Sad to hear I can't play MP3's CD's, but not too big of a deal b/c I can use my iPod with FM Transmitter and stow it in my Center console. SO NICE that they put a cig.lighter power supply inside the console for things like this!

SW: Are you able to play MP3 CD's in YOUR 2003 ES300? I see we share the same year and model.

The CD changer from an 03 won't work on a 93.

The answer is yes, MP3 CDs will work ;)

SW,

I guess you didn't read the original posters question since he didn't mention anything about a '93!

I guess you didn't read the post underneath the OP's question, he did mention a '93!

reikiwes,

The answer to your question is, NO.....you cannot play MP3 CD's on any of the 2003 ES300 sound systems. The ability to play MP3 CD's started with the '07 ES350's.

P.S. The CD player itself in the 2003 ES300 is not capable of playing MP3 CD's, and the sound systems circuitry is not setup to decode this format.

This isn't true, at least for mine. I play MP3 CDs all the time with zero problems in either the changer or the in dash player. Or at least I did before the iPod was installed. I have the nav and the Mark Levinson though, if that makes a difference.

This isn't true, at least for mine. I play MP3 CDs all the time with zero problems in either the changer or the in dash player. Or at least I did before the iPod was installed. I have the nav and the Mark Levinson though, if that makes a difference.

As you know, I owned a 2003 ES300 with the Mark Levinson sound system and it would NOT read a disc with MP3 recorded content! In fact I looked at the '03 Owners Manual and it didn't mention the ability to play this type of disc at all!

My ES350 Owners Manual on the other hand has many pages devoted to the CD player when playing MP3 discs. When I play an MP3 disc in my '07 I get all the information on the NAV screen, such as, name of the tune, performer, running time, folder allocation, etc. One of the MP3 discs that I recorded had about 168 tracks, which would actually play for about 8 hours.

I also decided to call the audio maven from Bay Ridge Lexus to ask him about playing MP3's on an '03 ES300, and his answer was unequivically NO. He furthermore told me, like I said in a former post that the circuitry and player was not designed to play MP3's!

So, I therefore stick to what I said in my above post. <_<

P.S. The compression scheme circuitry for MP3's is NOT included in the the Mark Levinson sound system in 2003 ES's.........so I don't know what you're talking about??

Then why does mine play MP3s burned to a CD? I've done it for years and have never had a problem. It doesn't display any text but they play just fine. Is my one ES the only one that can play MP3s? Did you ever try to play them on yours?

Then why does mine play MP3s burned to a CD? I've done it for years and have never had a problem. It doesn't display any text but they play just fine. Is my one ES the only one that can play MP3s? Did you ever try to play them on yours?

Of course I tried playing a disc burned to an MP3 format and it didn't play!

Guaranteed, you didn't burn your discs to an MP3 format and that's why it plays.

FYI, I took the MP3 disc out of my car and put it into my neighbors '06 LS430.......and ya know what? It didn't play! :whistles:

I think you should ask somebody knowledgeable in your Lexus service department, and I betcha you'll get the same answer.

If I'm wrong, I'll take you out to dinner at the JW Steakhouse-Marriott......I'm sure you know where that is. LOL

The JW's gone! I was shocked when I found that out! You'll have to take me somewhere else ;)

I have no idea what format they burned in. I simply had MP3s I had downloaded both from Napster and from iTunes, I've burned them to CDs and they've played in the car. No clue what format, whatever it was set to because I didn't make any changes.

HAHAHA you cheap SOB ;)

Yeah Carla and I called to make reservations one night and were told it was no more. Shame, best view in DC.

OK then.....it'll have to be Mortons Steakhouse in Bethesda. Is that better? :rolleyes:

I have no idea what format they burned in. I simply had MP3s I had downloaded both from Napster and from iTunes, I've burned them to CDs and they've played in the car. No clue what format, whatever it was set to because I didn't make any changes.

OK......here's your answer!

You actually burned in an Audio CD, NOT an MP3 CD......and that's why it plays in your car. :whistles:

OK then.....it'll have to be Mortons Steakhouse in Bethesda. Is that better? :rolleyes:

MUUUCH Better ;) Right around the corner from my office too!

You actually burned in an Audio CD, NOT an MP3 CD......and that's why it plays in your car.

That is entirely possible, whats the difference?

I can maybe help a bit better here. If you burn a standard audio disc from an MP3 it will work fine (around 20 tracks). If you want to record a data disc full of MP3's (which means you could fit around 120 songs on there) it won't work at all. It all involves the way the data is compressed and thusly burned to the disc.

You actually burned in an Audio CD, NOT an MP3 CD......and that's why it plays in your car.

That is entirely possible, whats the difference?

when you use a program like nero or easy cd creator or any program like that.... and you put mp3s in your burnlist and click burn it automatically converts the files into a *.*wav format that your cd player will read ....to burn a cd with mp3s on it... you have to create an actual data cd and drag your files or folders into that burn list... make sense?

Thats exactly what it is then, I can burn about 20 tracks to a CD.

OK then.........No free dinner for you at Mortons, but I'll still take Carla.........she's much prettier than you. LOL :)