Tilt Wheel Problem

bobls400

I have a 94 ls 400 and a buddy of mine was installing my amplifier in the trunk. and when we went to test it the battery was dead. So i replaced the battery today, my car started , but my steering wheel did not go down. And when i tried to use the electronic tilt wheel, it would scope in and out but would not go down. this is super annoying cause it is in the full up position which is ridiculously high in this car. When i press down, you can hear a buzzing but no movement. What can i do to fix this, and what is the problem?

thanks Charlie

thanks i couldnt find the search feature. that it is a wonderful guide, im gonna take care of this tomorrow!

I have a 95 Ls that has the same problem. The steering tilts up and doesn't come down. Tried numerous attempts to fix it and it works for a few days and got stuck at the up position again. I finally have my mechanic disconnect the tilt function but have the telescopic function remain. It is ok now.