Is The Abs Speed Sensor Part Same As Camry?

amol_pat

Dear Members,

I own a 1995 lexus ES300 and had my CV joint replaced recently. I have now realized that the ABS speed sensor is damaged and should be replaced. I don't want to spend on a new sensor (costs more than $100). So I searched for a used lexus part at junk yards but no luck.. I was wondering if a used Camry part would work? If so which years?

Any suggestions are appreciated..

-A

Dear Members,

I own a 1995 lexus ES300 and had my CV joint replaced recently. I have now realized that the ABS speed sensor is damaged and should be replaced. I don't want to spend on a new sensor (costs more than $100). So I searched for a used lexus part at junk yards but no luck.. I was wondering if a used Camry part would work? If so which years?

-A

I found a site that sells them, as I am in the same boat.

Although it doesnt say what model or year they are for, under description it just says ABS Speed Sensors for Lexus/Toyota. I just assumed that the ABS systems are all the same, and the type of car would not matter...

They are $22 Sensor and wiring...

Dear Members,

-A

I found a site that sells them, as I am in the same boat.

Although it doesnt say what model or year they are for, under description it just says ABS Speed Sensors for Lexus/Toyota. I just assumed that the ABS systems are all the same, and the type of car would not matter...

They are $22 Sensor and wiring...

Thanks for letting me know.. I have been checking through various websites and it seems like the part number is same for the same year Toyota Camry V6 model. I don't get the impression that the part is same for all the years though.. The lowest price I have seen is $98.00.. Can you please tell me the website you looked at? The cost seems a lot lesser there..

thanks,

-A

After a lot of phone calls, I found the sensor at the local junk yard... it was a camry part. It did not fit in the hole easily; so I had to shave off some of the plastic at the base of the sensor and finally it went in.. THE ABS LIGHT IS GONE!!!! whew!

thanks for the replies..

-A