Malfunction Indicator Lamp (check Engine)

scrappyslexus

I have a 2000 lx470 with 71,000miles on it. The malfunction lamp came on code (e). Truck has gas and cap is tight. not loosing any power during driving. The Lexus dealer said it is ok to drive has me scheduled for a $159 diaognostic appointment. Is their anything i can do or check out that may be a simple fix?

I have a 2000 lx470 with 71,000miles on it. The malfunction lamp came on code (e). Truck has gas and cap is tight. not loosing any power during driving. The Lexus dealer said it is ok to drive has me scheduled for a $159 diaognostic appointment. Is their anything i can do or check out that may be a simple fix?

Go to Harbor Freight Tools and spend $40 for an OBD Diagnostic Tool that will tell you the code and reason for why the Check Engine light came on (likely it's a bad oxygen sensor). It takes 3 minutes to diagnose. Then at least you'll know what you're in store for to get it repaired, and don't have to spend $159. If it's the Oxygen Sensor, it'll cost about $140 for the part and about 1 hour labor (I know because my LX just had the same problem). Good luck.

Go to Harbor Freight Tools and spend $40 for an OBD Diagnostic Tool that will tell you the code and reason for why the Check Engine light came on (likely it's a bad oxygen sensor). It takes 3 minutes to diagnose. Then at least you'll know what you're in store for to get it repaired, and don't have to spend $159. If it's the Oxygen Sensor, it'll cost about $140 for the part and about 1 hour labor (I know because my LX just had the same problem). Good luck.

oxygen sensor