Locked In

amarslex430

• 4 months later...

Has anyone expierinced this before, went to get out of my 01 ls 430 today and the door handle all of a sudden does'nt work anymore. Anybody got a clue. I now have to roll down the window to exit my car

Hi! I have the same problem with my LS400 now, where you able to fix yours?

Has anyone expierinced this before, went to get out of my 01 ls 430 today and the door handle all of a sudden does'nt work anymore. Anybody got a clue. I now have to roll down the window to exit my car

Hi! I have the same problem with my LS400 now, where you able to fix yours?

That exact same thing happened to me. what i did was i had to take all the inner door pannels of and there was a clip that had broken or slipped off. its basically a metal hanger that connects the inner door handle to the latch in the door.

I found an online tutorial of how to take the door apart. mine is a 1990 so it wouldnt help with the 2001.

i ended up just taking some zip ties and tying it back together. now it works perfect.

it was a pain in the butt to roll down the window every time.

hope that helps.

http://www.cureline.net/lex/howtos/howto_f...nel_removal.htm

i believe that was the link. someone posted it in this forum awhile ago, thats how i found it. but it appears to be under construction.