Airbag Light In Instrument Panel

I have a 1993 Lexus SC300 when the Airbag light bulb in the instrument panel burned out I replaced it. Now it stays on all the time except when the car is turned off. The needle on the RPM gauge has burned out as well but I called the dealership and they say I need to replace the whole panel for about $800.00 can I just replace the needle for a lesser amount.

Does anyone know about this. Can someone please help!

I have a 1993 Lexus SC300 when the Airbag light bulb in the instrument panel burned out I replaced it. Now it stays on all the time except when the car is turned off. The needle on the RPM gauge has burned out as well but I called the dealership and they say I need to replace the whole panel for about $800.00 can I just replace the needle for a lesser amount.

Lexuscovergirl,

You might want to try and disconnect your battery to see if it resets your airbag light. If not, you may want to get it checked out because it could be a real problem. Lexus philosophy tends to believe in "switchology" versus "maintenance" to ensure a low failure rate after repairs and the money the service generates...there's NO need to replace your cluster though.

There are a few options. First, you can send your cluster to LexTech and get whatever color you want, but the needles only have one LED that lights up the needle from the base, slowly fading as it gets to the tip; it looks fine, but I prefer the needle lit all the way across, uniformly. Second, I made contact with a LOC member (dnaspeedo) who owns a shop in Florida that can do the work. The price is good and I visited their site, so it all looks like quality work and legit. Below is his last correspondence with me. Here's their site... http://www.dnaspeedometers.com/pointers.htm. The site seems to be down now, so feel free to call their number below.

Hope this helps.

Steve

////////////////////////////

Hey Steve,

We use red LEDs because we found the LEDs in the lense red already. I don't have pictures at night in the vehicle though. The pictures we have are on the bench with hardly any background lighting. Also in the picture we have simulated the dimming function in the car to the fullest. I'll be happy to get you some at night if you'd like once we get another vehicle in our shop. I do have another picture to send you. Should you want to speak to me, my Toll-free phone number is 1-888-495-2777. Our shop hours are M-F 9-5PM EST. We charge $189 for needles and backlighting bulbs. We also include return shipping UPS Ground with tracking info. We do not take payment in advance only when we have everything working and ready to ship back. Please make sure you include our repair form on our website if you decide to send it.

Thanks,

Andrew Gavosto

DNA SPEEDOMETERS INC.

Lexuscovergirl,

You might want to try and disconnect your battery to see if it resets your airbag light. If not, you may want to get it checked out because it could be a real problem. Lexus philosophy tends to believe in "switchology" versus "maintenance" to ensure a low failure rate after repairs and the money the service generates...there's NO need to replace your cluster though.

There are a few options. First, you can send your cluster to LexTech and get whatever color you want, but the needles only have one LED that lights up the needle from the base, slowly fading as it gets to the tip; it looks fine, but I prefer the needle lit all the way across, uniformly. Second, I made contact with a LOC member (dnaspeedo) who owns a shop in Florida that can do the work. The price is good and I visited their site, so it all looks like quality work and legit. Below is his last correspondence with me. Here's their site... http://www.dnaspeedometers.com/pointers.htm. The site seems to be down now, so feel free to call their number below.

Hope this helps.

Steve

////////////////////////////

Hey Steve,

We use red LEDs because we found the LEDs in the lense red already. I don't have pictures at night in the vehicle though. The pictures we have are on the bench with hardly any background lighting. Also in the picture we have simulated the dimming function in the car to the fullest. I'll be happy to get you some at night if you'd like once we get another vehicle in our shop. I do have another picture to send you. Should you want to speak to me, my Toll-free phone number is 1-888-495-2777. Our shop hours are M-F 9-5PM EST. We charge $189 for needles and backlighting bulbs. We also include return shipping UPS Ground with tracking info. We do not take payment in advance only when we have everything working and ready to ship back. Please make sure you include our repair form on our website if you decide to send it.

Thanks,

Andrew Gavosto

DNA SPEEDOMETERS INC.

There is an airbag warning light reset procedure. When you pull your instrument cluster without first disconnecting the battery it causes this airbag fault. The procedure is described somewhere on this forum (search) and I think it's also on the lextech sight. BTW I agree that the needles are more visible if they have a row of led's along their entire length (like factory did), maybe DNA might be a better choice. The prices are comparable if I remember.