Ls430 Front Ashtray Replacement

spender

A few months ago, I remember reading a forum thread (I think it was on this site) about people who were replacing their front lighter (the one under the little door that opens when you push on it) with a storage box with cigarette lighter. I've been looking to try to find this thread but with no success. I want to read about how this was done, and also find out the part number of the console replacement box.

If someone can find me the thread, I'd be most grateful! :cheers:

Thanks for the links! That lexuspartsmall looks cool!

I guess I describe what I am looking for incorrectly, I already have the lighter and ashtray - I want to convert to the felt-lined box that also has a power outlet.

Looks something like this (bad picture from a gross eBay auction):

post-45047-1192765982_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the links! That lexuspartsmall looks cool!

I guess I describe what I am looking for incorrectly, I already have the lighter and ashtray - I want to convert to the felt-lined box that also has a power outlet.

Looks something like this (bad picture from a gross eBay auction):

Anyone?

this is from a clublexus post, said they ordered it online from sewell:

Item ID:5881050020E1, 5881050020E1-BOX ASSY, CONSOLE, U, Quantity:1, Price:$176.00, Item Total:$176.00

Sub-Total:$160.75

Shipping: $10.28

Tax:$14.11

Total:$185.14

remember the wood/plastic trim needs to be the same as the rest of the car.

when i bought my '04 earlier this year, i wanted the same thing, but the price was just too much for me to get over. i keep hoping i can find one at a junk yard, but can't find a single '04 or anything close; i need to find a replacement master window switch, little plastic tabs broke off two of mine and i'm not about to spend $100+ to replace a switch that still works.

be cool,

post-38247-1192934951_thumb.jpg

Okay everyone, I got mine yesterday and installed it last night in about 10 minutes. Easy job (if you are comfortable working with car interiors).

Basically, you start by removing the lowest panel on the dash console (the one with the seat warmers). This pulls straight out - I found it easiest to get out by slightly opening the sliding tray above it and putting my fingers under to slowing pry it out. This can then be over on the driver's side (no need to unattach cable). You can now unscrew the shifter knob. Thereafter, the lower level (big flat part) just unsnaps out (held in place in the corners). From there, the rest is obvious (but note the removal of the cover on the slider of the ashtray unit - you'll see what I mean). The rule of thumb is don't force anything too hard (it should come out fairly easy), and always use an electrical-tape wrapped screwdriver if you have to (gently) pry into tight corners.

I am so glad I did this, that ashtray before was just wasted space. Now I have a spot for glasses, cards, cellphone, etc. A great mod, highly recommended! :D

I have part #58810-50020-** in any trim code. Much less than Sewell

Well, thanks for speaking up now! :rolleyes: It cost me much less than dealer cost to get it from Sewell, but shipping killed me (I'm in Canada).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...