Just Purchased 92 Sc400

jameel

hi, just got a 92 sc400 thats blue/grey and wanted to ask some quick questions...as far as a screen what size is direct fit into the front stereo console? is motorized flip out a better option for this car? Does a headunit install effect the stock amp? Where can I find a intake and exhaust (seems hard to find parts for the car) and last...if anyone is familiar with the color of this car...recommend black or grey/charc. tint? thanks!!

hi, just got a 92 sc400 thats blue/grey and wanted to ask some quick questions...as far as a screen what size is direct fit into the front stereo console? is motorized flip out a better option for this car? Does a headunit install effect the stock amp? Where can I find a intake and exhaust (seems hard to find parts for the car) and last...if anyone is familiar with the color of this car...recommend black or grey/charc. tint? thanks!!

Congrats.

The stereo slot is an unusual 2.5" DIN; standard stereos are single DIN and most [all?] touchscreen stereos are 2 DIN. I installed an Alpine IWA-200 and it works perfectly. I had a small ~1" cover fitted below it to cover the difference in size, and it looks great. I replaced my entire system with Alpine (component & coaxial speakers, 12" subwoofer in the trunk with new amp for the stereo and a separate one for the sub). You have to use the stock stereo headunit and amp system in its entirety or not, no mixing. I'm not too sure about mixing the speakers in with aftermarket.

Most of the parts you'll find will end up being universals. I installed high-flow Magnaflow mufflers and tips, removed the resonators forward of the mufflers and straightened out the piping in between the X-pipe (rear converter) and the mufflers with 2.25" diameter. I plan on replacing the forward cats with high-flow Magnaflow cats. I went for mufflers that filled the space and looked like stock (but slightly smaller and definitely lighter and higher flowing), so I went with stainless steel, polished ovals...here's where I got mine...http://www.hottexhaust.com/StainlessOval.htm. I think the mufflers are 14" long and the total length 20" w/pipe fitting 2.25"; they have them cheaper now than what I paid for mine. I got the tips from http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-35158-476.html. The whole set up looks sweet...classy, but obviosuly modified. With the aforementioned exhaust pipe mods, you'll get a sweet, low, smooth sound like a European V8 versus an American burble. There's also improved throttle response and power in the high end; I also attribute this to a K&N filter in the stock box and seafoaming, as well as the less restrictive exhaust. Some folks, Jibbby for one (read his Results of Mods thread for excrutiating detail on options) use Megan or Blitz Nur set ups. It all depends on your preference.

I have 20% black tint...IMHO colored tints can look dates quickly and nothing is a nice as straight black.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask whatever you need.

Steve

thanks for your input...so if i change out the headunit to a dvd unit the stock amp n speakers will no longer function? even with the lexamp harness? the speakers n sub r nice...dont really like the headunit though, looks old.