How You Position Your Right Foot?

This might sound silly, but I want to find out what is the best way to position your foot for gas and brake pedal to have comfort and ease over long duration rides. I used to drive a car for a long time and RX350 is my first SUV.

Well, while driving my car, I could align my foot so that when it needs to press the brake pedal it is almost straight and pressing gas is to swivel it to the right. While doing both (gas and brake) my right knee would rest comfortably on the center console area (where your radio etc would go). So, I felt comfortable.

Now, if I try the same way for my RX350, I can no longer rest my knee on the center. If I align my foot for gad pedal, I can rest my knee, but braking becomes left awkward swivel of my foot.

what to do?

PS: Do I make sense???

This might sound silly, but I want to find out what is the best way to position your foot for gas and brake pedal to have comfort and ease over long duration rides. I used to drive a car for a long time and RX350 is my first SUV.

Well, while driving my car, I could align my foot so that when it needs to press the brake pedal it is almost straight and pressing gas is to swivel it to the right. While doing both (gas and brake) my right knee would rest comfortably on the center console area (where your radio etc would go). So, I felt comfortable.

Now, if I try the same way for my RX350, I can no longer rest my knee on the center. If I align my foot for gad pedal, I can rest my knee, but braking becomes left awkward swivel of my foot.

what to do?

PS: Do I make sense???

I always set the cruise then pull both my legs back so they are positioned streight down on the floor in front of the seat. I never cross my feet nor stretch them out toward the pedals and always make sure that I can instantly move my right foot to either the brake or the accelerator pedal. Once I get set up in 'cruise mode' I just stay there until I run out of gas..... (Drives my wife nuts....)

JohnJ