Es300 Owner ? About Tires

alaskaty

I'm a new owner of a 98 lexus es300 and am loving every second of it. The ride is WAY better than my 93 typhoon, and it hasn't broken down on me yet! I'm thinking about getting some 18" rims and the place I'm looking at offers two different tire sizes

225/40/ZR18 and 215/35/ZR18

I looked up a tire size calculator and it showed that the 225's were much closer to my stock wheel diameter.

Has anyone ran 225/40/ZR18s without rubbing? - my car is stock height

Thanks for the help.

Jason

I'm a new owner of a 98 lexus es300 and am loving every second of it. The ride is WAY better than my 93 typhoon, and it hasn't broken down on me yet! I'm thinking about getting some 18" rims and the place I'm looking at offers two different tire sizes

225/40/ZR18 and 215/35/ZR18

I looked up a tire size calculator and it showed that the 225's were much closer to my stock wheel diameter.

Has anyone ran 225/40/ZR18s without rubbing? - my car is stock height

Thanks for the help.

Jason

I've run 225/40/18 on my 94 and it isnt a problem, The car has some wheel spacers on it also, though. It came like that so I don't really know if they are needed. I've gone as big as 235/45/18 on the back but speed bumps would rub a little. hope this helps.

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but what the heck is a Typhoon?

Just curious.

It was a Chevy Blazer, with a GMC grill ornament.

that's like saying a Ford lightning is a ford F150 with a different badge on the side. It is true that the sheetmetal is the same though.