Nakamichi Amplifier

HELP ! I have a 1998 SC400, the raido quit working. To make a long story short the dealer informed me that the Nakamichi amp is gone. I am being told that they don't make them anymore and my only option is to replace the entire system. Does anyone know where I can locate a replacement amp, new or used. I can not believe that the entire system needs to be replaced because the amp died.. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Michael

HELP ! I have a 1998 SC400, the raido quit working. To make a long story short the dealer informed me that the Nakamichi amp is gone. I am being told that they don't make them anymore and my only option is to replace the entire system. Does anyone know where I can locate a replacement amp, new or used. I can not believe that the entire system needs to be replaced because the amp died.. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Michael

I'm on it, You'll get an email shortly. :cheers:

Michael0711, Your best bet for locating a used 97' Nakamichi amp, is from these two vendors (Randjdistributing & Aliga) from clublexus.com. Randjdistributing is not a member of this forum, but Aliga is a member of this forum. Send him an email with your request. Good Luck!

aliga

Email me with requests: gazi.ali@gmail.com

www.randjdistributing.com

1-716-276-1000

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310564

Michael0711, Your best bet for locating a used 97' Nakamichi amp, is from these two vendors (Randjdistributing & Aliga) from clublexus.com. Randjdistributing is not a member of this forum, but Aliga is a member of this forum. Send him an email with your request. Good Luck!

aliga

1-716-276-1000

Thanks, I send a request to see if he had it, I'll let you know..

aliga

1-716-276-1000

Nak amps are very difficult to find (in excellent working order). And getting more expensive all the time. I don't have one for you, Sorry.

aliga

1-716-276-1000

Nak amps are very difficult to find (in excellent working order). And getting more expensive all the time. I don't have one for you, Sorry.

I just ordered it from R&J .. Thanks for your help , you guys are GREAT !

Michael0711, Congrats on getting your amp. The Amp is not difficult to replace yourself, its just a little time consuming. Here are steps you'll need to take to get to your amp. The amp is under the cd player.

Don't Forget* Locate & disconnect the head connectors to your CD changer (two) and Nakamichi amp (three)

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremoval...SC300CDCgrR.htm

• 2 weeks later...
A lady at Crutchfield, Shawna, said that they have an adapter kit for the amplifier to match to a Blaupunkt amp. She said it would work, and if it doesnt, they'll pay to ship it back. Anybody tried this route?

nolyaw,

I got my amp at R&J distributing, here's the link to their site http://www.randjdistributing.com/. The folks in this club are great at helping out and they got me hooked up with R&J. It was 270 including shipping, I got it in a few days and it's working fine. If you use them, contact them using the tools on their site, I tried to call a few time's and left messages, but they respond to email quickly.

If you decide to go with the Blaupunkt remember that it will have to be the same size as the Nak because of the way it fits and is mounted under the CD changer. I guess what they are telling you is that an adapter is needed because of the way Nak is built. I would try to find a Nak first, it may be a little difficult as they are not making them anymore in the US but you may get lucky like I did. I think there is a company in Canada that carries them but they can't ship them into the US because of some customs laws, if you are close to them (upstate NY) you may have a chance at driving up there and getting it.

Otherwise, reach out to the great folks in this club, they may be able to help. I saw that someone was selling parts off their SC that was stolen and returned a wreck, maybe they have an amp.

Good luck in you hunt for your amp. I have my old one if you find someone that can repair Nak amps, I'd be happy to sell it to you if that becomes an option to you.Let me know.

Michael