3m Sealant?

Hi,

My car is arriving within a week and I am wondering if I should apply some sealant on the body before I take my car home. I hear dealers can put 3M's sealant (not sure of the name) before delivering the car to you. Does that work well? Good idea? If so, I wonder if I should have the dealer do it, or take the car to somewhere else to have a local shop do it?

Any suggestions?

Is it better to do it before taking the car outside or can I do that later (like in a month or two?)

Meesh

No, actually dealer is selling me Ventureshield. I was wondering because I had it on my previous car and thought it was a good protection from the sun.

But after talking to people, those chemicals are not good. They lean towards films like Ventureshield's than chemical long lasting wax.

Well, ventureshield is not to protect from the sun. Its applied to the front end of the car to protect against rock chips.

Stay away from all dealer "paint sealant" packages. They're a total ripoff.

Hi,

My car is arriving within a week and I am wondering if I should apply some sealant on the body before I take my car home. I hear dealers can put 3M's sealant (not sure of the name) before delivering the car to you. Does that work well? Good idea? If so, I wonder if I should have the dealer do it, or take the car to somewhere else to have a local shop do it?

Any suggestions?

Is it better to do it before taking the car outside or can I do that later (like in a month or two?)

Meesh

You are probably better off doing proper paint maintenance on a regular basis rather than investing in some sort of sealant. Check out places like Meguiar's for detaling info. I tend these are better for the dealer's bottom line than your car's surface. If you are considering a clear bra check out 503 Motoring im Beaverton. If you are going to do it, do it asap as the IS has soft paint and chips easily