Repair Blunder Or Timely Coincidence?

jungle jane

I paid over $3000 to get a new ac condenser put in my 99 GS 400 (75K mi). Three weeks later I have a leak under the driver's feet coming from the bottom of the car. Service tells me that there is a tiny leak in the heater core that is not related to the recent installation of the new ac - that it is pure coincidence. I am very suspect that while service was working in the local, they nicked my heater core. Is it coicidence, or carelessness by service? How much should replacing a new heater core cost? I live in South Florida - I can live without heat and just use my seat warmers. Seeking advice.

I paid over $3000 to get a new ac condenser put in my 99 GS 400 (75K mi). Three weeks later I have a leak under the driver's feet coming from the bottom of the car. Service tells me that there is a tiny leak in the heater core that is not related to the recent installation of the new ac - that it is pure coincidence. I am very suspect that while service was working in the local, they nicked my heater core. Is it coicidence, or carelessness by service? How much should replacing a new heater core cost? I live in South Florida - I can live without heat and just use my seat warmers. Seeking advice.

the ac condencer for your car ( 1999 GS 400) is 200 bucks full retail. You paid 3k to have it replaced???? where did you go? That's a 4 hour labor job. And that includes evac and reloading!!!

Are you talking about the Heater core or the Radiator? The heater core is not anywhere near the condenser. If the radiator is leaking (its in the front by the condenser) I would say there is a good chance they punctured it. If its the Heater Core (its in the heater box under the dash) I would say it's totally unrelated.

Are you talking about the Heater core or the Radiator? The heater core is not anywhere near the condenser. If the radiator is leaking (its in the front by the condenser) I would say there is a good chance they punctured it. If its the Heater Core (its in the heater box under the dash) I would say it's totally unrelated.

Yes, it is the Heater Core. They have to completely remove the dash to get to it. Apparently, the seal failed. It will cost $1200 at Lexus of Palm Beach. I believe it actually was coincidence. Thanks.

the ac condencer for your car ( 1999 GS 400) is 200 bucks full retail. You paid 3k to have it replaced???? where did you go? That's a 4 hour labor job. And that includes evac and reloading!!!

I got it done at Lexus of Palm Beach. I did not get the evaporator replaced - it was still good. Just the condenser.