Steering Shaking, Vibration From Driving Seat...

mellblack

I bought ES350 2008, Oct1, but at 1100mile. after 2 weeks, steering shaking at 75 miles, i just changed air, nitrogen instead of air.

first drop by, dealer said no problems on steering, but after that, getting worse, shaking, 2nd stop by, dealer changed two front tires.

after that, still shaking, and car does not go straight. goes right side, 3rd stop by, dealer changed four tires, even i requested checking alignment,

balance, cv joint.. they said all is fixed, but after that,

engine noise from inside, can be heared seriously, feeling vibrating from steering, driving seat, leg room, armrest, when driving even when parked and stopped with drive mode. i am worried whether i am over sensed or not.

so i brought my cousin, toyota techinician for 3rd person's opinion. dealer said they would check it out exactly,

but i can't trust their equipment reliablity.

getting disappointment from lexus.

not again i think at over $40,000

• 2 weeks later...

I also purchased a 2008 ES350 9/29/07 with all options and I'm experiencing the same problems. First it started as a vibration and steering wheel shake at 63 mph. 1st. time they balanced tires and insisted that the car was road tested and found ok. Vibration still there, brought it back tech admits he felt the vibration and that it needs to be "road forced ballanced". Taking the car back on 10/29/07 for the third try. Although the steering wheel doesen't shake, however I feel the vibration in the seat, floor, Etc. I don't think I'm over sensitive on the vibration issue as my wife has a 2006 Solara convertible.there are no vibrations at all and virtually no tire noise. I will let you know the outcome.

I also purchased a 2008 ES350 9/29/07 with all options and I'm experiencing the same problems. First it started as a vibration and steering wheel shake at 63 mph. 1st. time they balanced tires and insisted that the car was road tested and found ok. Vibration still there, brought it back tech admits he felt the vibration and that it needs to be "road forced ballanced". Taking the car back on 10/29/07 for the third try. Although the steering wheel doesen't shake, however I feel the vibration in the seat, floor, Etc. I don't think I'm over sensitive on the vibration issue as my wife has a 2006 Solara convertible.there are no vibrations at all and virtually no tire noise. I will let you know the outcome.

I'm in the market for my first Lexus (ES 350) but I'm starting to get cold feet with several problems I have read about since I joined this forum today. I was considering waiting for their "December to Remember" sale to either buy or lease. I hope these problems I'm reading about are really rare based on all the Lexus cars they sell.

Howard

Sportman;

Don't get me wrong this car is one of the finest cars I have ever driven. I'm sure they will fix the vibration and the road noise can be fixed by getting rid of the Bridgestone Turanzas(they are awful). The fit and finish is out of this world as are all of the add ons it's worth the small amount of aggravation.

Sportman;

Don't get me wrong this car is one of the finest cars I have ever driven. I'm sure they will fix the vibration and the road noise can be fixed by getting rid of the Bridgestone Turanzas(they are awful). The fit and finish is out of this world as are all of the add ons it's worth the small amount of aggravation.

Thanks for the response as I feel a lot better now. I guess my next step is to see how close they will go to invoice price. Maybe waiting for the Dec. to Remember lease deal is not a bad idea. I want a loaded one with Nav, but there seems to be some dealers that will deal and others that hardly move on price.

Cold feet? All car makes have their problems, there will never be a perfect car. All we can do is keep trying to make them better, it is the pursuit of perfection-- not perfection itself, there is no such thing as perfection. The closest thing to perfection is the LS. Fewest number of problems per 100 cars, and number 1 in reliability, let alone Lexus is number 1 in reliability.

I'm reporting the outcome of my third service call for vibrations in wheel, seat, arm rest,Etc. On the two previous times the wheels were balanced, outcome no change. Today was told that the car is normal and rides like all others. I told them the IS loaner car had no vibrations at all and that my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee has no vibrations at any speed. The service manager responded " They have different supensions and you can't compare them." I couldn't beleive my ears. I guess my only choice is to contact Lexus HQ directly. If anybody has any suggestions would love to hear.

Very dissapointed

time to ellevate this issue, talk to the general manager and drive a loaner of equivalent year and car and drive it for a week and see if it has the same issue, if so, then get a refund and move on... If they cant fix it than look at your lemon laws for your state.

• 4 weeks later...

<_

time to ellevate this issue, talk to the general manager and drive a loaner of equivalent year and car and drive it for a week and see if it has the same issue, if so, then get a refund and move on... If they cant fix it than look at your lemon laws for your state.

<_I have 2007 ES350 with all conditions listed.I have done all the listed in the replys including road force balancing.they replaces my tires with Michelen,replaced rims and it seems to be getting worst.I travel highway most of the time.Does anyone have more vibration when taking curves in the road? Mostly worst between 58-78 mph.

I'm reporting the outcome of my third service call for vibrations in wheel, seat, arm rest,Etc. On the two previous times the wheels were balanced, outcome no change. Today was told that the car is normal and rides like all others. I told them the IS loaner car had no vibrations at all and that my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee has no vibrations at any speed. The service manager responded " They have different supensions and you can't compare them." I couldn't beleive my ears. I guess my only choice is to contact Lexus HQ directly. If anybody has any suggestions would love to hear.

Very dissapointed

Take your vehicle to a different Lexus dealer.

• 4 weeks later...

Well as I promised on a previous post, the outcome of my vibration issue. It took four trips to the dealer, two E-Mails and 7 phone calls the Lexus and we have fixed the problem, when I told they where to look. The left rear wheel had 5 times the amount of weight as the rest, a dead give away, the heavy spots on the tire and rim were too close thus requireing huge amounts of weight. By keeping the heavy spot on the rim and tire opposite one another you are able to add small amounts of weight to bring the wheel into balance. After this was done the car is as near perfect as possible. I have 3000 miles on the car and I'm always looking for excuses to drive it.

Well as I promised on a previous post, the outcome of my vibration issue. It took four trips to the dealer, two E-Mails and 7 phone calls the Lexus and we have fixed the problem, when I told they where to look. The left rear wheel had 5 times the amount of weight as the rest, a dead give away, the heavy spots on the tire and rim were too close thus requireing huge amounts of weight. By keeping the heavy spot on the rim and tire opposite one another you are able to add small amounts of weight to bring the wheel into balance. After this was done the car is as near perfect as possible. I have 3000 miles on the car and I'm always looking for excuses to drive it.

I think its very sad indeed that it took all of that to fix the problem I had a similar experience

with my dealer, right after the tires were rotated at the 15k service I noticed vibration in the

steering and went to the dealer and asked for a tire balance. The dealer said they could find

no problem with the car. I went to a tire dealer about a mo later and ended up replacing all

four tires and that fixed my problem I only had about 19k on the car so im not happy with

the factory tires at all.

Buba, great to hear that you love your car again! Although Ira did point out that the tires are not the best, they are the ones that we get. But, if it was just a balancing issue, and the car is as near perfect as you can expect, then they can't be too bad, can they? Congrats on having your major PIA fixed!

• 4 years later...

I too have encounted a shaking and vibrating problem with my 2011 ES 350. On the 5,000 mile maintainance, I pointed this out and the resulting re-balancing of the tires did not fix the problem. The dealer is now trying different options including replacing a couple of the tires. This is most disappointing. I drove a Honda Accord for all the years before deciding to start my move into the Lexus land (no problem even remotely close to this one.) My aim has been to move on to the Lexus upper series but this foray is chilling my intentions, for sure.

I too have encounted a shaking and vibrating problem with my 2011 ES 350. On the 5,000 mile maintainance, I pointed this out and the resulting re-balancing of the tires did not fix the problem. The dealer is now trying different options including replacing a couple of the tires. This is most disappointing. I drove a Honda Accord for all the years before deciding to start my move into the Lexus land (no problem even remotely close to this one.) My aim has been to move on to the Lexus upper series but this foray is chilling my intentions, for sure.

It sounds like your problem should be fixable. As your dealer goes through possible causes they will probably find the cause of the vibration. I had and '07 ES350 and now a 2010 and even with the bad roads around here have never had a shaking or vibration on either car. Good luck to you.