My Dog Buddy

93lexuses

Hi guys. I know it has been awhile since i posted anything, but i never have time to really do anything anymore. I just lost my dog Buddy and i really wanted to post it. We had him for over 11 years and he was our baby. We loved him sooo much. He was a part of our family. We are all so sad. He had a heart murmur and for about a month now he has been really sick. He just had surgery on his teeth and he did really well. There was a very big chance that he wouldn't make it threw surgery, but he did. He was a fighter. He was at the vet a lot this month and i felt so bad cause he really hated the trips there and back. He was so sweet. Our Vet tried so hard to keep him alive. He is a great Vet. Buddy passed away on Sunday and i called our Vet on his cell and he had us meet him at the clinic. Of course by the time we got there Buddy was already gone. He had fully passed about 5 min. into the drive there. It is so hard to lose a pet. He was like one of my children. We are having him cremated so that we can have him with us all the time. I don't own my home so i just want to take him with me when i go. I just needed to talk about it. Well write about it. I can't sleep cause for the last month i didn't sleep much cause i had to keep getting up to check on him and i am still getting up and checking on him. It's like a habit now. Thanks guys for listening to me.

Hi guys. I know it has been awhile since i posted anything, but i never have time to really do anything anymore. I just lost my dog Buddy and i really wanted to post it. We had him for over 11 years and he was our baby. We loved him sooo much. He was a part of our family. We are all so sad. He had a heart murmur and for about a month now he has been really sick. He just had surgery on his teeth and he did really well. There was a very big chance that he wouldn't make it threw surgery, but he did. He was a fighter. He was at the vet a lot this month and i felt so bad cause he really hated the trips there and back. He was so sweet. Our Vet tried so hard to keep him alive. He is a great Vet. Buddy passed away on Sunday and i called our Vet on his cell and he had us meet him at the clinic. Of course by the time we got there Buddy was already gone. He had fully passed about 5 min. into the drive there. It is so hard to lose a pet. He was like one of my children. We are having him cremated so that we can have him with us all the time. I don't own my home so i just want to take him with me when i go. I just needed to talk about it. Well write about it. I can't sleep cause for the last month i didn't sleep much cause i had to keep getting up to check on him and i am still getting up and checking on him. It's like a habit now. Thanks guys for listening to me.

My thoughts and prayers are with "Buddy" I have my third dog "Zuni" My son...........

post-1634-1192539232_thumb.jpg

I've had three dogs in my life time.... One was the best... A little Beagal that was all heart... Got hit by a car one day, I ran out and Barney (My dog) had got his hine ran over... It was devestating, the dog would not let anyone go near him except me, I had to pick him up and take him to the vet and put him down... This was my last dog, he was 8 years old and could do every trick, etc..etc..... A special animal..

The other dogs were good dogs too, but nothing like Barney... After that experience I gave up on getting another dog. They have such a short life expectany...

Yeah, it's tough to lose a dog of 11 years...

Will you get another?

Steve,

Thank you!

JIBBBY,

Yes i will get another dog. Right now i have a Doberman so i don't know when i will get another one. I do know one thing there will never be another dog like Buddy. Buddy was my baby and he was definitely one of a kind. I love animals and the way that i look at it is that if i get another dog then that dog will have a great life. There life is short, but in that time they will be treated great and they will be loved very much and in there short life they will be happy and well taken care of. Yes, i will probably get upset and cry over every loss, but at least they was happy while they lived with me.

indiasfinest,

It's cool!

aww ... i'm really sorry to hear about you're loss ... i've never lost a dog, but came really close last year when my yorkie swallowed a piece of plastic and got cought in his small intestine's and they didn't think he was gonna make it, but he did, thankfully. i don't know what i would do it i lost any of my dogs, so i sympathize. my thought's and prayers are with you.

The dogs who've shared our lives.

In subtle ways they let us know

their spirit still survives.

Old habits still make us think

we hear a barking at the door.

Or step back when we drop

a tasty morsel on the floor.

Our feet still go around the place

the food dish used to be,

And, sometime, coming home at night,

we miss them terribly.

And although time may bring new friends

and a new food dish to fill,

That one place in our hearts

belongs to them...

and always will.

---Linda Barnes ---

post-55572-1193233440_thumb.jpg

post-55572-1193233451_thumb.jpg

Thank you guys and girls so much.

Kelly,

I really like the poem. Thank You! Your dogs are so beautiful.

Magnus,

Thank you!

Animals become your family members and 20 years is a long time. I am very sorry about your loss as well.

Blake,

Thank you so much! I remember when you lost Rosie. I remember thinking how bad i felt for you and when i lost Buddy i thought about you. Thanks!

I thought that i would post a pic of my babies together. This is my fav one.

post-3850-1193365660_thumb.jpg