Heated Seat Problems

I recently used the heated seat in my 07' GS 350 and it seems that the heater somehow burned a 1/4" hole in my seat with some type of black gooey material adhered to the edges of the hole in the leather seat bottom. I took the vehicle to the dealer the next morning whereby the dealer said I burned a hole in the seat bottom while smoking a cigarette. I don't smoke nor do I allow smoking in my car. Also, after the visit to the dealer, it seems to me that the heater does not turn on as hot as it did before. Anyone else out there have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Geoff

I recently used the heated seat in my 07' GS 350 and it seems that the heater somehow burned a 1/4" hole in my seat with some type of black gooey material adhered to the edges of the hole in the leather seat bottom. I took the vehicle to the dealer the next morning whereby the dealer said I burned a hole in the seat bottom while smoking a cigarette. I don't smoke nor do I allow smoking in my car. Also, after the visit to the dealer, it seems to me that the heater does not turn on as hot as it did before. Anyone else out there have a similar experience?

Thanks,

Geoff

Don't let the dealer off the hook. If you don't smoke - and it isn't hard to tell if you do or your don't in a car - then their explanation is unacceptable. Especially if you have a 1/4" hole in your seat. Escalate to managment or better yet, Lexus directly.

• 2 months later...
My seats just don't get hot, they get lukewarm. You can barley tell, it sucks!

I just went to the inskip dealer today about the seatwarmers not getting warm and they said that they were not designed to get very hot and there is no way to fix it. The GS is more of a sporty car...VWs and Audis are better known for having nice heated seats.

Just got new seats heaters for my car.

Very nice. Comes with Carbon Fiber pads (one for the seat and one on the back rest). All the wiring comes with it as well and a very nice lighted rocker switch with high and low settings.

Contact Jeff toll free @ 1-888-352-9112 and he will set you up.