Offered Job at an auto parts store and want to put

piggyncsu

i went shopping for the mounting kit or just something to stick in the exposed bumper holes...i was told i had to buy a whole new mounting kit from the dealer, or buy some sort of anchoring kit at a hardware store...

have yall seen the washer lights some cars have now? well, i found some for the back license plate, they are screws but the heads have lights on them. i figured i could try and hook them up in the front of the bumper instead of plugging up the holes...

i just need some guidence on the electrical part..

the instructions say to attach it to the 12v electrical something by the license plate (ie reverse lights or something else..)

i was wondering if there is anything up front i can wire it to? im not an electrician, or anything of that sort.. so i have no idea what i am doing... just thought it would be a good alternative.

in addition to the shopping, i was offered a job at the car parts store by the manager... the highlight of my day...slightly sad but oh well....

I agree with Steve on both points.

Definately take the job! You wanted to learn about cars, thats a great place to do it. Another fun job is working for a dealership as a porter. You get to drive all sorts of cars around, and get the same experience. A lot of the salespeople pick porters that they like and teach them the ropes. Car sales can be a good career, especially for a woman who likes cars. if you're good and put in the hours, you can make $250,000 or so selling luxury cars. I toyed with the idea, but didnt want to work that hard lol. Thats why I started my own business, now others work and I get paid. ;) I dont make $250,000 though lol.

At the car shop you'll find all kinds of people to teach you everything they know. Its easier than us on here doing it because they can show you hands on. I bet you'll have a great time, and the money wont be bad for fixing up the Lex. Hell, they could probably help you with a lot of the problems.

Just as an aside: When I was a lad in High School I got a job working for a Studebaker Car Dealer. I guess you young whipper snappers never even heard of "Studebaker". Well to make a long story short, they just got a shipment of new cars and they asked me to park the cars in the garage. Thinking I was a hot shot I backed one of the brand new cars into a pole. I tore up the rear fender. Needless to say my boss wasn't to pleased with my performance. hee hee hee :chairshot:

i have to talk to the parents about that job.........i just feel bad that i dont know a darn thing about cars...i don't know how much i will get paid though, but thats ok, i don't really need money. and i don't know if he still wants to hire me. as for the dealership idea, there are a ton around, so that would be a GREAT job! not to mention i wouldn't have to fix anything you know......i would be around the selling and the service area, but just watching.

and alot of the dealerships are on the way to school so it wouldn't be too far.

it's just i don't have the hours because of classes. i have the weirdest times for classes so it doesnt really work out that well...

i really need to think about this, since i jump onto too many things at once. um, as in, i take too much on i guess, and i don't think hard before i do something.

If you're willing to put in the time, then there's definately a future in it, especially for a woman.

I say especially for a woman because of the relative rarity of car saleswomen, most dealerships welcome the diversity. Plus, most men have a hard time asking for things or saying no to a woman, whereas women will do both to a man. So a saleswoman has a destinct advantage when dealing with a male customer.