Help With Tire Pressure Sensor, Please

I have an '06 GS 300 with a fickle tire pressure sensor. It reads low tire pressure even though the pressure has been to set to 33psi x 4, checked and double-checked. I reduced all tires to 10psi and then refilled to see if that would reset, to no avail. I suspect a bad sensor. Does anyone know where these sensors reside? (in valve stems, axle, etc?). Short of going to the dealer, any other suggestions?

Appreciated.

I have an '06 GS 300 with a fickle tire pressure sensor. It reads low tire pressure even though the pressure has been to set to 33psi x 4, checked and double-checked. I reduced all tires to 10psi and then refilled to see if that would reset, to no avail. I suspect a bad sensor. Does anyone know where these sensors reside? (in valve stems, axle, etc?). Short of going to the dealer, any other suggestions?

Appreciated.

i just recently clean my car inside and i ran into this secret switch under the font passenger seat. the switch is located right the clubcompartment. its a little button which it displace 1 and 2. i didnt know so i pressed it to 1 and after 2 days the tires warm came on, i checked all 4 tires and they seem fine, took it to lexus and they told me that someone presses the switch to set for summer, so they set it to 2 or something like that. try it and let me know.hope this help.

Appreciated.

Dude - go to the dealer. Have some free soda. Get a nice free loaner car. Use their free wi-fi to get some work done. You bought a nice car from a nice dealership with a good warranty. It's not the dentist - just take it in. They'll probably wash it for you too.

I appreciate your interest in my issue. I can't seem to find that switch that you were referring to. Can you describe it to me again, specifically where.

Appreciated.

paul frass.

first you need a flashlight cause its pretty dark down there, its right under the dash on the font passenger. i can take a pic if you want me to,hope that help.

Different models have different positions for the switches. I can't remember the position of the switch for the GS exactly, I usually find most of them under the dash on the drivers or paddengers side. 2 positions, either in or out. Why is this button there? Some people have a spare set of wheels they keep at the dealership to have switched out in winter. When the wheels are switched, the different sensors with different ID codes won't be picked up by the computer until the button is pressed to switch between the 2 sets of wheels.

The sensors are the valve stems. If it is a metal stem, it is a sensor. The sensors have ID codes that are registered with the module for the sensors (yes a whole module dedicated to tire pressures) They detect pressure and temperature.

There are certain pressure thresholds that switch the tire lights on. If not correctly set at the dealer, they will go off if the tires are only a few lb's different from each other. When set correctly, they will go off at 28 PSI.

Here is how to tell if it is a sensor:

1.) First check and set pressures of the tires. I usually reset the thresholds at this point. To set them, locate a tire button (not the tire set switch button) that is under the drivers side dash. Hold it with the ignition on. The tire light will flash three times. Thresholds are now set.

2.) check the main/ 2nd switch, main is the outermost protrusion of the switch.

3.) If the light is still on, you may have a bad sensor.

ALWAYS take to a dealership, you get free soda and snacks, free wi-fi, exceptional service with exceptional service consultants (those people are so nice and friendly, the guys and gals at my dealership are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They will put themselves in your shoes everytime you come in because they understand what it is like to have a problem with a car.) and you get a free car wash anytime it comes into the service shop. It is basic procedure at Tom Wood Lexus, your vehicle is ran through a wash, pulled into clean up where it is hand dried, interior vacuumed, and interior side glass cleaned. At Tom Wood you also get things like touching up a small scratch or chip in the paint at no charge.

If you have the time, bring in a tire light situation to your dealer ANY time it comes on, we get paid from warranty (0.3 hours, really we spend more time on it than thay, warrenty time is always too short) and you get all the benifits stated above.

Can't really say on the loaner deal, over-night's are for approved repairs, but I know that when people go in for small things and we can't get it done for a few hours, you can get a loaner for that time. You would have to ask the consultants, I am not too knowledgable on loaners.

• 4 weeks later...

Appreciated.

Did you ever get this tire pressure sensor issue resolved?

I have an '07 GS350 and have a Low Tire warning sometimes.

Lexus told me there could be a bad sensor, check the tire in the trunk as well as it has the same sensor. Lexus told me that the sensor is below the stem. If the sensor is damaged, it costs about $110 or so to have it replaced. They told me that when you get replacement tires, they "could" get damaged.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciated.

There are two switches. One is reset switch locate on the drive side below your steering wheel; the other is the sensor selection locate on the passenger side under glove box closed to the center council.

The reset switch is every time when you change your tire pressure, you need to reset the sensor. As for the sensor selecting switch is while you have two sets of tires and they all equipped with sensors. You can switch in between these sensors.

Read your user manual. You may refer to your owner’s manual for further detail.

Richard

:rolleyes:

• 8 months later...

Appreciated.

When the light comes on low tire press check each tire with tire press guage what ever tire has the lowest press add air, I carry one in all 3 of my cars works fine but is a pain in the rear

i just had my tire pressure warning fire up the other day, for no reason. All tires were exactly 33 psi.

I lowered all the tires (except spare) by about 8 psi, then i pumped them up again to like 36. When i turned the car back on, the warning light stayed on few secs, then turned off. :wtf:

i just had my tire pressure warning fire up the other day, for no reason. All tires were exactly 33 psi.

I lowered all the tires (except spare) by about 8 psi, then i pumped them up again to like 36. When i turned the car back on, the warning light stayed on few secs, then turned off. :wtf:

If all the tires are up to pressure and none were low, you could also try reinitializing the TPM system (page 444-445) of the owners manual.

steviej