1993 Gs 300 Aging Issues

My 1993 Lex GS300 has 85K and runs beautifully - a great car. Two irritants -- the A/C output tens to smell a bit unpleasant, but when the A/C's off, I get warm humid air circulating,which smells worse (a bit mildewy). Any fixes available? Also, just had my 4th power window regulator go bad -- they've all worn out in the past 18 months. I look for used parts whenever possible @car-part.com, and have found Greenleaf Auto Parts in particular to be reliable. Some salvage yards will deliver to your mechanic directly for free. Finally, my drivers seat leather is cracking badly. Anyone have suggestions on recovering leather seats (I live in L.A.)

Thanks, and I look forward to participating in the forum.!

I never knew there was a cabin filter -- nothing in the owners manual, never mentioned by the Lexus service department. I just called the parts department and - lo and behold! - a new cabin filter can be ordered for $58.

Now I just have to do a little exploration about how to get to it (yes, behind the glove compartment).

Thanks for the help -- and I agree that Fabreeze is a great product. I never thought of usinig it in a car.

• 2 months later...

Wow man, I have the same problems. My rear right window regulator went bad, and now front right is going bad. And my seats have started cracking. Where did you recommend getting the part from? Where do you guys usually get used Lexus parts from (if you do at all)?