1994 Es300 Overheating...

chrisxgnr

Hello, im new here and the reason i searched for this place was because i have a serious issue with my friends vehicle, its a 1994 ES300 3.0L v6. It was having overheating issues for some time, well he told me that its been doing it for awhile and that someone already changed the thermostat and the coolant box because it got so hot the steam cracked it. Well even after i changed the thermostat again to make sure whoever said they changed it actually did,(We did this in my auto tech class as a first step to find out what the issue could be) it ran fine then that night while driving some distance it overheated again. This time no water boiled over, instead he said that it smoked from somewhere else and now it will not start at all. The starter spins the motor round and round but it will not start. Im at loss to whats going on here. Water pump?, radiator was changed in 04, New thermostat etc. No external leaking. It has overheated he told me over 10 times with steam so im wondering if the head isn't warped or something i checked the dipstick but dint see no water but maybe thats because the motor wasn't warm and i was getting an improper reading although it did read low oil.

126,000 miles also.

Hello, im new here and the reason i searched for this place was because i have a serious issue with my friends vehicle, its a 1994 ES300 3.0L v6. It was having overheating issues for some time, well he told me that its been doing it for awhile and that someone already changed the thermostat and the coolant box because it got so hot the steam cracked it. Well even after i changed the thermostat again to make sure whoever said they changed it actually did,(We did this in my auto tech class as a first step to find out what the issue could be) it ran fine then that night while driving some distance it overheated again. This time no water boiled over, instead he said that it smoked from somewhere else and now it will not start at all. The starter spins the motor round and round but it will not start. Im at loss to whats going on here. Water pump?, radiator was changed in 04, New thermostat etc. No external leaking. It has overheated he told me over 10 times with steam so im wondering if the head isn't warped or something i checked the dipstick but dint see no water but maybe thats because the motor wasn't warm and i was getting an improper reading although it did read low oil.

126,000 miles also.

You should never drive a car that's over heating. Was the steam coming out of the exhaust? There's a good chance that the head or block could be cracked. Might want to pull a compression check. You sure there's not water in the oil? Also, have you checked to make sure it has fire and looked at the timing belt?