Picture Of 94 Ls400 Engine & Timing Belt

wandawoods

timing belt has been discussed quite often in this forum, so I uploaded a picture in the gallery for everyone interested to see the actual timing belt/water pump...while they were apart and about to be replaced by my mechanic couple days ago.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/albums/LS/ti...timing_belt.jpg

since the belt itself does not go into the engine, so I guess it's safe to state that it's a non-interference engine.

an interferance engine doesn't mean the belt is in the engine or outside

it means if the belt breaks the valves won't hit the pistons causing interferance meaning the valves bend pistons crack as do blocks and cranks

a real big cost to repair

an interferance engine doesn't mean the belt is in the engine or outside

it means if the belt breaks the valves won't hit the pistons causing interferance meaning the valves bend pistons crack as do blocks and cranks

a real big cost to repair

well... dealership here also stated that it won't chew up valves if TB breaks on 1UZ-FE engine...it's not to say we can always take dealer's words for anything...

Nice pic, and are you the primary driver of all your cars?  :blink:

not really,

I primarily drive LS400 and I do use Nissan 200SX as my 'pickup' (it's a hatchback with large cargo area with back seats folded)

wife is driving SC400, of course, took it over & gave me no chances whatsoever!

mom drives ES300

dad drives Mercedes

Maxima is a spare and we are selling it

Corolla is shared by two teenager drivers

two households (my parents are 4 houses away), 7 cars.

wandawoods, who is your mechanic in Atlanta? I also live in Atlanta and have a 92' LS400 and I need to have my timing belt replaced. I'd like to find a good reasonable and reliable mechanic that I can trust.

Thanks,

William

sure,

he is an independent mechanic who came highly recommended by a few friends who own lexus.

email me your phone# to cwl@apaqd.com, and I will have him to contact you directly to setup a schedule. he is in Chamblee off Shallowford road.

it will be about a 8-hour job, but he charged me less than half the labor rate at dealership. he does not mark up on parts whatsoever, and he will even go with you to Hennessy Lexus (on Peachtree Industrial) to get the dealer-only parts, and AutoZone or NAPA for minor parts, and you can just pay the merchants directly for parts which cost about $450 if you go for geniune Lexus OEM timing belt/water pump/pulleys.

he works 5-days a week 3p-1a at Autozone, and he does all fixingup off work and on his off-days too.