07' Gs450h Violent Shake While Stopped

Hi everyone!!!

This is my first post here as a proud new 07' GS450h owner. It is my first Lexus

as well and man do I LOVE this car!! I love it so much that I'm currently overlooking

a very strange issue with the car. I'm hoping that others might be able to chime in

even though there are probably a very few GS450h owners on here.

While stopped at a light or even sitting in the car in park while the car is on,

every once in awhile the entire car will shake violently, almost as if someone

just rear ended you but its a side-to-side shake... only 1 or 2 oscillations. It

feels like it comes from the rear, and it has a similar feel to something with

a lot of torque kicking in or out. I've noticed that it happens when the engine

either kicks in or out of charging the batteries while the car is at a stand still.

It is NOT predictable (I wish, then it could be fixed easily!) either.

I have notified my local Lexus dealership and they said they would talk to Lexus.

I would like to know if anyone else here has had a similar sensation while sitting

in their GS450h?? Thank you VERY much for your time!!

Sincere Thanks,

Michael

Orlando, FL

:-)

hi Michael

i have a 2007 rx400h i got it in april this year - so far i noticed that when the i.c.e. = gas motor shut off it feels like the suv rocks a bit - side to side. this only happened a few times - and usually when the motor is cold. what you are feeling is probably that.. it hasn't happened lately that i am aware of. keep after the dealer until you are satisfied!!!

this could be something like a loose motor mount.. after all this is a Lexus and should be flawless !!! Richard

Hi everyone!!!

This is my first post here as a proud new 07' GS450h owner. It is my first Lexus

as well and man do I LOVE this car!! I love it so much that I'm currently overlooking

a very strange issue with the car. I'm hoping that others might be able to chime in

While stopped at a light or even sitting in the car in park while the car is on,

just rear ended you but its a side-to-side shake... only 1 or 2 oscillations. It

either kicks in or out of charging the batteries while the car is at a stand still.

I have notified my local Lexus dealership and they said they would talk to Lexus.

I would like to know if anyone else here has had a similar sensation while sitting

Sincere Thanks,

Michael

Orlando, FL

:-)

This seems to be a common observation of the HSD behavior, at least for the higher power systems. Whenever the ICE starts or stops there is a shudder and in the case of my 400 a lurching motion forward. You never really get used to it because of the random nature. I've been holding on slight grade waiting for the light without using either the brake or the gas... perfectly balanced... and then the ICE will shut off and the car will lurch and I have to apply the brake now to hold position because the balance has changed.

Or I'll be parked with the CTV in park, and forgot the ignition is in Ready state when the ICE will kick in and the car will lurch.

Its not that bothersome, but it is different. I suppose using the parking brake would help prevent the lurching, but the shudder would still be felt.

Now it may be that the 450 with the larger 350l ICE is even more pronounced than the 400 with its 330l ICE.

I say accept its quirks and relish in your new driving paradigm.

Hi,

I think the term "violent shake" mbender71 uses may be different than what we're experiencing with our RX400h's. I'd call what I experience as a couple of minor technology qwerks that wouldn't prompt me to take it back to the dealer. If the description is accurate, I'd be pursuing a fix for a violent shake from the dealer.

I have noticed that as I've gotten a few miles on my 07 (almost 13k now), that the engine cut in is a bit more pronounced now than it was when new. A little more shakin goin on when the engine cuts in.

Jim

I have noticed that as I've gotten a few miles on my 07 (almost 13k now), that the engine cut in is a bit more pronounced now than it was when new. A little more shakin goin on when the engine cuts in.

"Car and Driver" said essentially the same thing about their long term Camry hybrid. One editor wondered just how bad it would eventually become.

• 13 years later...
On 10/13/2007 at 12:39 PM, mbender71 said:

Hi everyone!!!

Sincere Thanks,

Michael

Orlando, FL

🙂

Hi Michael . I’m having the same problem with my 06  GS 450h. Did you get any replies to your question? Or did you ever find out what the problem was?