Lexus Nokia Integrated Phone

johndhenry

I purchased the Nokia new Nokia 6310i phone ($100) and the companion Lexus system ($3,900 installed) and it is terrible. The system works great when the car is not in motion. However, once the car goes more than 3 mph the system's funtions freeze....Said differently, you can only recieve a call when in motion. You cannot: *make a call (unless it is one of 10 pre-programed numbers), *manipulate vmails (forward, delete, respond), or *conference another party into an existent call.

I am told that this is because the phone system is a slave to the navigation system the Lexus' lawyers don't want you 'playing' with the screen buttons while in motion! This system is a $4,000 waiste of $ as it is useless....as I now have reverted to the free earbud which came with the Nokia.

I own a Mercedes and a BMW and neither of these car's integrated phones operate like this...and I can't believe that this system is not designed for todays business executive/commuter.

The Lexus dealer said I am eligable for a free upgrade when the release it in the next 6 months but can't tell me if these issues will even be addressed by then....but time will tell if this is true.

Has anyone else encountered this?

hmm i wonder if a phone guru could override the phone so it would not respond to lock out of the brain

i know the in car kit i have in my es 300 ( which is just an addition)

works great only thing it changes

is a rapid charger being on ,the lights going to a second dim position when not in use and the screen changin to lexus mode( i know you like that touch,instead of car)

Lexus phone systems are terrible...

My dad bought it on his LS400, different system but just as useless. Complete waste of money. He thought it would be worth it too since he's always on the phone.

If the system is slave to the navigation, there is a way to install a switch in the nav system's speed sensor that will allow use while in motion, but you'd have to hit the switch, dial the phone, then hit the switch again because the system wont work without the speed sensor.

Is this the new Bluetooth system?

I purchased the Nokia new Nokia 6310i phone ($100) and the companion Lexus system ($3,900 installed) and it is terrible. The system works great when the car is not in motion. However, once the car goes more than 3 mph the system's funtions freeze....Said differently, you can only recieve a call when in motion. You cannot: *make a call (unless it is one of 10 pre-programed numbers), *manipulate vmails (forward, delete, respond), or *conference another party into an existent call.

I am told that this is because the phone system is a slave to the navigation system the Lexus' lawyers don't want you 'playing' with the screen buttons while in motion! This system is a $4,000 waiste of $ as it is useless....as I now have reverted to the free earbud which came with the Nokia.

I own a Mercedes and a BMW and neither of these car's integrated phones operate like this...and I can't believe that this system is not designed for todays business executive/commuter.

The Lexus dealer said I am eligable for a free upgrade when the release it in the next 6 months but can't tell me if these issues will even be addressed by then....but time will tell if this is true.

Has anyone else encountered this?

business executive/commuters are why the fail safes are in place. Lexus does not want anyone coming back on them. I can understand that. Besides, most people that are talking on the phone while driving do not appear to remember they are driving. Sorry, can't feel bad for you on this one.

I can. I know in the issue of my dad, he's on the phone all the time in the car, its how he works. If he had to pull over every time he wanted to make a call, he'd never get anywhere. Cell phone use is hardly as big a problem as everyone seems to say and think it is. Of all accidents, 30% or so are caused by distractions of the driver, onlt 1.5% of them are caused by cell phone use. Hardly the life ending must act now issue the media would lead us to believe it is.

My best advice is program those 10 numbers carefully. You cant even make coice activated calls when the car is moving?

• 1 year later...