Ls400 Phone Ecu Unit

MikeyLS400

Hi,

Anybody knows where the '91 LS400 Phone Control unit is located? I heard it's in the trunk but having a hard time findint it. My car comes with the phone and I want to remove the whole thing and don't want to mess up my stereo speakers.

Thanks

I assume your handset is in the center compartment, I had one in my 94 LS also. I simply took the handset out and cut the wires and pushed them down in the hole that was cut for the wires and took off the antena and pushed that wire behind the molding. I never had a problem with my radio.

Hi,

Anybody knows where the '91 LS400 Phone Control unit is located? I heard it's in the trunk but having a hard time findint it. My car comes with the phone and I want to remove the whole thing and don't want to mess up my stereo speakers.

Thanks

On the early LS, I think it is in the trunk on the left side behind the trim panel. The trim panels on both the right and left side are easily partially removed so you can peek behind them. My 90 LS didn't have the Lexus phone but the dealer had SW Bell install a similar cell phone and the ECU was installed behind the left trunk trim panel.

Instead of cutting wires, unplug the various connectors that lead from the handset holder to the connector under the center console and at the phone ECU in the trunk. Later models have two large connectors plugged into the phone ECU which plug into each other after they are disconnected from the ECU.

Hi,

Thanks

On the early LS, I think it is in the trunk on the left side behind the trim panel. The trim panels on both the right and left side are easily partially removed so you can peek behind them. My 90 LS didn't have the Lexus phone but the dealer had SW Bell install a similar cell phone and the ECU was installed behind the left trunk trim panel.

Instead of cutting wires, unplug the various connectors that lead from the handset holder to the connector under the center console and at the phone ECU in the trunk. Later models have two large connectors plugged into the phone ECU which plug into each other after they are disconnected from the ECU.

Thanks,

I will check over the weekend.

As stated earlier, no need to remove the control unit in the trunk. Just remove the handset in the center console...no radio issues, and lots more space!

I located it this past weekend and did what you suggested and now the phone is completely off. Thanks for your help.

... did what you suggested and now the phone is completely off. Thanks for your help.

Shame that all that once-useful technology is so outdated and obsolete now. But that extra space in the center console sure is nice!

New2Mud,

Agree completely. Now it would be great to get the wiring diagram so hopefull I can modify since I am going to install my Bluetooth car kit and nice to be able to use the audio port near the steering wheel and the stereo speaker... :=). Sound tempting.

Now it would be great to get the wiring diagram so hopefull I can modify since I am going to install my Bluetooth car kit and nice to be able to use the audio port near the steering wheel and the stereo speaker... :=). Sound tempting.

I'm thinking of trying to use the phone pickup/hangup bar on the side of the steering wheel to use as a remote MUTE switch for a radar detector.