Security Code For The Radio

yaupoman

• 1 year later...
I search but couldn't find a match. I did not get the radio security code from the previous owner (98 ES300). What do I reset the radio in case the power get disconnected. Thanks. B)

Hello. I have a 1998 ES300 and I can confidently share with you that there is no security code necessary. I recently purchased a new battery for the car. It sat in the garage for a whole day without the battery. My worse nightmare was that I may need that mysterious CODE. No worries!!! You don't need it. Once I installed the new battery, the only thing I had to reset are my favorite radio stations and the clock. The concensus around i here is that the early model, before 1997 and 98, only needed that security code. There you have it. I hope this helps your mind at ease and for the others that may have this type of inquiry..

Cheers :cheers:

I search but couldn't find a match. I did not get the radio security code from the previous owner (98 ES300). What do I reset the radio in case the power get disconnected. Thanks. B)

Hello. I have a 1998 ES300 and I can confidently share with you that there is no security code necessary. I recently purchased a new battery for the car. It sat in the garage for a whole day without the battery. My worse nightmare was that I may need that mysterious CODE. No worries!!! You don't need it. Once I installed the new battery, the only thing I had to reset are my favorite radio stations and the clock. The concensus around i here is that the early model, before 1997 and 98, only needed that security code. There you have it. I hope this helps your mind at ease and for the others that may have this type of inquiry..

Cheers :cheers:

It has been said on these forums that the code is the last 3 digits of your vin #. ;)